v. surprise

꒾ CHAPTER 5 ꒾

CHAPTER 5

AS THE TRIO WALKED THROUGH THE STREETS of the worn down city, Ju couldn't help but feel a little bit nervous. Apparently Shang has a sister, who could be murderous because of his leaving. Katy was having a harder time trying to understand the shit load of information she just got. Ju was already used to crazy stuff like this, so it wasn't a problem. She was just a little bit surprised that he was still alive.

The three adults stepped into a sketchy elevator with another man. As the elevator started to move, the man held a clipboard up to Shang and Ju. Both looked at each other with uncertainty. Thinking it was something to let them into the place, they both signed it.

As the elevator came to a stop, the doors opened to reveal a huge establishment, filled to the brim with people. The one thing that caught their eyes though, was the small cages that people were fighting gruesome battles in. Ju widened her eyes in shock. This was where Shang's sister was? Was she even alive by now? Is this a job?

People started whispering around her. At first she didn't pay attention to it, but when she heard 'bus boy' and 'nature warrior' her attention was captured. Shang's eyes met hers for a moment silently asking if she was ok. She nodded her head slightly but put her head down as she walked through the crowd. Shang noticed this and frowned slightly. He didn't know that this was taking such an impact on her. Hell, he didn't even know the full extent to her abilities.

Another person walked up to them, clearly excited and pumped.

"Well hello there! We are so glad that you have come to join the fight! It is an honor to have Bus Boy and the Nature Warrior with us today. If you just come with me , I will show you two where to go to prepare." The man looked at Katy, "And you could be our...prized spectator!" He spoke awkwardly. To say they were confused was an understatement.

Shang was the one to voice all of their thoughts. "Um, where even are we? What do you mean, 'give us time to prepare?'" He questioned.

"Ah, well you remember your guy's bus fight don't you? It turned out someone was filming you guys kick ass, and it went viral!" The man showed them the video of both Shang and Ju fighting. Specifically Shang fighting Machete and Ju twisting her legs around a man and gracefully taking him to the ground. She slightly smiled, she liked that move.

But it seemed that the man had more to say. "Oh! And that clipboard you two signed, that was the sign up sheet. So, you guys will both be fighting separate battles!" He seemed overly excited about that.

Ju finally spoke up, "So we'll be fighting in one of those?" She asked, pointing to the smaller cages.

The man shook his head vigorously. "Oh no no no. This is where the small fights happen" he led them to an even huger cage, which was currently occupied by a man who was supposedly doing an orange magic thing with his hands, and a huge monster. The cage was surrounded with people cheering them both on.