i. cliche highschool moments

꒾ CHAPTER 1 ꒾

CHAPTER 1

JU WAS NEVER ONE FOR CLICHE MOMENTS.

But now, standing outside of her new high school on the first day of freshman year after leaving Ta Lo, she couldn't help but feel she was in a cheesy high school drama. The girl couldn't deny that she missed the home she was raised and trained in, but she needed a change after the war. So , she enrolled herself in high school. To be fair she didn't necessarily think that part through. Don't judge.

Ju took a deep breath and walked with the crowd of teenagers. The river of students carried her throughout the school while she tried to spot the office to get her schedule since she put herself down as an "exchange student".

Soon enough, she found said place and knocked on the door where the principal's name was plastered outside of the small room. A middle-aged man opened the wooden door with a warm and comforting smile. He ushered her inside of the slightly cramped office which had a desk with two chairs next to it.

The one thing that caught Ju's attention though, was a boy around the same age as her, awkwardly standing by the desk. His eyes snapped up from his feet when he heard the door open, revealing dark eyes similar to her own. The two teens caught each other's gazes, and Ju softly smiled at the boy, who seemed just as nervous and confused as her. He smiled back, happy to find some peace in the chaos surrounding the building.

The principal spoke, "Well, I should probably introduce you guys right? Ju, this is Shaun. Shaun, this is Ju. You two are both exchange students from somewhere in China correct?" Both nodded, "Good! That's nice to know someone from the same place right? Now I assume you are both here for your schedules? Let me just get them off my desk here real quick..."

Ju and Shaun were both surprised and slightly comforted that they both came from somewhat of the same place, so they weren't alone in the whole mess. But little did they know that they had some of the same personal experiences as well.

The principal handed them both pieces of paper which had their classes on it.

"Now, you don't want to be late on your first day now do you? Run along now! And if you have any questions makes sure to either ask me or the lady at the front desk, Mrs. Davis."

"Thank you" Shaun said, revealing his accented voice. Ju also nodded and smiled at the man in thanks, to which he smiled back. She was told she had a contagious smile from time to time at her old home.

The duo walked out of the office and acknowledged Mrs. Davis. Before they parted ways though, Shaun stopped her by calling out her name.

"Will I see... you around.. Ju?" He asked trying to find the right words in English.

Said girl smiled warmly. "I would like that very much" she said, also struggling with her words.

"Goodbye Shaun"

"Bye Ju"

author's note
-

Omg my babies are so cute. Struggling with their English and stuff. I love Ju already, don't you?? So anyway this was the first chapter of LIGHT. I hope you enjoy it so far! I'm super excited for this book, I can't even put it into words.

Have a great day, and keep smiling!! JUST LIKE MY BABY JU.

SJABSKAJAJAHWDKWJW

ALSO

MY UPDATING SCHEDULE IS BASICALLY ME PUBLISHING A NEW PART OF A BOOK EVERY WEEKEND UNLESS I SAY SO. THAT SCHEDULE WILL START NOW. I JUST WANTED YOU TO GET A LITTLE TASTE OF WHATS GOING ON.

Ok I'm speaking in caps too much-

Well anyways....

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ADDING THIS INTO YOUR READING LISTS! IT MEANS SO MUCH.

BYE