xiii. foolish thoughts

꒾ CHAPTER 13 ꒾

CHAPTER 13

"YOU HAVE SOMETHING I WANT!"

As of right now, Shang had walked up beside Ju-almost in front of her really, and hundreds and thousands of members of the Ten Rings were lining up behind his father who stood on the other side of all the warriors of Ta Lo. Ju couldn't have been more proud.

It was like a dueling match. Warriors holding deadly stares of loathe from one side, and the calm, warning looks of the other. The calmness held some sort of deadly effect to it as well, almost daring the men on the other side to take a step forward. The Ten Rings had already infiltrated their beloved home, they weren't letting them get anymore further than that.

"I do not believe we understand what you mean, if you could elaborate?" Ying Nan accented voice spoke up in an authoritative and calm way.

"I must get to the gate behind you," Wenwu paused for a small moment. "There is someone who
begs for me."

The man had not noticed his children standing amongst the crowd. Xialing had been standing to the side close to Katy, while Shang and Ju had taken a place in the back, though they could still hear everything as clear as day. The boy next to her held a hard look in his eyes as he stared off at his father. Ju stepped forward and slowly interlocked one of his hands with hers, using her other hand to wrap around his bicep from behind.

Shang rubbed his thumb over her knuckles as they continued listening intently. If Wenwu noticed them him and his sister now.. this could all be over in a heartbeat. But not in the way they all wanted.

Wenwu's eyes darkened, but his lips curled up into an eerie smile. "Then I will just have to get there myself."

"Attack!"

Battle cries broke out, covering every inch of the small village which would become a war zone in a few seconds. Before a single word could pass Ju's lips, the presence beside her vanished into thin air. She whipped her head around, trying to find the man that had just stood by her side.

Ju looked around, war surrounding her as she tried to get a glimpse of red scales from Shang's suit. She knew that she shouldn't risk standing out in to open like this. It was almost like she was asking for someone to come at her.

Soon enough Ju saw her friend running toward a cabin full of weapons, and she knew that he was trying to get to his father once he got something. She attempted to run after him and call his name, only to be found with a man sporting a leather jacket with the Ten Rings on it.

Ju muttered something angrily to herself as the man jumped at her with a spear. She pulled one of her katanas out from her back as she blocked a sudden hit. Both of them knew what they were doing, but Ju had a slight advantage. Just as she was getting tired of the fight going on and on, a vine sprouted out of the ground and pushed the man back with a cry of pain.

The woman sprinted toward the weapon cabin where she saw Shang disappear into, hoping she wasn't too late.

Thankfully, he was there in all his glory. Shang's hands were quickly staggering across the different weapons, hoping to find one that he could use to take on his father.

"Shang," Ju called out. "You can't fight him, it's too dangerous!" She was hoping he could convince him to lay off, knowing that Wenwu had the power of the rings that adorned his arms, and he had no intention of letting go of them. Even if it was against his own son. Ju thought bitterly.

Shang turned around, surprised to see Ju standing at the entrance of the small cabin with a pleading look in her dark eyes. She couldn't lose anyone else to war. She wouldn't.

The man quickly made his way over to her, dropping his arms onto his. He looked deep into her eyes.

"I have to," he whispered. "I can't just let him take over Ta Lo-or let him get to that gate. If he releases the spirits in there, it's over."

Ju shook her head, tears forming in her eyes as Shang returned the weapons on the different racks. He picked up a dragon-scaled spear with satisfaction. Shang quickly gripped the cool material in his hands as he contemplated the decision he was about to make in his head.

With one last look at the woman he loved, Shang started to speed out of the cabin. Ju squeezed her eyes shut as she took a deep breath. She willed herself to stay strong, not wanting to break down.

Just as Shang was about to walk out the door, a voice cried out a 'wait'. A small hand gripped his wrist as a pair of lips fell onto his. Surprised by the action, Shang let out a small grunt, and just as Ju was about to pull away, he pulled her in by the waist.

Ju's hot breath mixed with his as she placed her hands on his cheeks. Shang's hands gripped her hips, pulling her impossibly closer. Sparks erupted in her stomach, causing a state of euphoria to cover her entire body.

All too soon, Ju pulled away slowly. A smirk planted itself on Shang's swollen lips.

"Was that you trying to convince me to stay here?" He asked breathlessly.

Ju shook her head with a laugh. "No, I knew you wouldn't have listened to me anyway." She grinned up at him, and he returned the favor.

Shang picked up the spear that had dropped on the ground from his surprise. He looked at Ju before kissing her forehead softly.

"Be careful. Please."

"Always."

Ju ran back to the group that was fighting in the fields. Katy ran to her as soon as she saw her friend, bow and arrows in hand. The woman wrapped her arms around Ju, thankful that she was alive.

"Oh my God, I had no idea where you were! I thought you got hurt.. or even worse!"

"Katy! I'm okay, I promise." Ju calmed the girl down.

Katy looked at her with a frown on her face. "Where were you?" That was when Katy saw her friend's swollen lips. She gasped.

"Holy shit, Ju!" Katy began jumping up and down in a childlike manner. Ju put her arms on her shoulders.

"Katy, Katy. We're still in a war." Immediately Katy had a series face on.

"Right, but you're totally going to tell me what happened."

Ju nodded her head, a huge smile on her face.

"Is he a good kisser?"

"Katy!"

author's note
-
WE HAD THE FIRST KISS!!
THIS IS NOT A DRILL PEOPLE
EVERYONE BREATHE CAUSE I APPARENTLY CAN'T!

also the graphic below was made by me :)