The Announcement

That afternoon, Evie and Benson are preparing to leave the hotel and fly back to Los Angeles. With their bags taken out to their limousine and as they prepare to leave, they notice news reporters, paparazzis and media presses at the front entrance of the hotel, and they both realise that everyone now knows about their marriage. 

"I guess we exited the hotel as a married couple.", Benson replied. "Yeah.", Evie replied, as she and Benson leaves their hotel rooms by an elevator. As they go down to the hotel lobby, Evie is nervous about facing the media press for the first time, but Benson calms her down. "You'll be ok. Just follow my lead, and don't answer any questions they say.", Benson replied. 

The elevator dings and Benson looks at her. "You're ready for this?", Benson asked. "Yes.", Evie replied, as they both held hands and the elevator doors open. They both walk out of the elevator, check themselves out and exit the hotel, with paparazzis, news reporters and the media press surrounding them. 

"Benson, it is true that you're married to your personal assistant?", one of the reporters asked. But Benson and Evie ignores their questions, and heads to their limousine, with bodyguards pushing the people around them out of their ways. They later drive to the airport to catch a private jet back home to Los Angeles. 

After an hour flight, Evie and Benson lands in Los Angeles and enters inside the airport, where more paparazzis, news reporters and the media press is waiting for them. They surround the couple and tries to get some answers, but both Evie and Benson ignore their questions, as they head out for their limousine. 

As they enter inside their limo and drive away, they both receive a call from their parents. Both of their parents are shocked of the news of their marriage. Both families agree to have a family meeting at the Hawkes' mansion, and Evie and Benson are told to meet their families there. 

Upon arrival, Evie and Benson are seated next to each other at the table, with their parents and siblings facing them in front and both sides. "Explain to us about your unexpected marriage.", Paul replied. 

"Dad, during the first night of the business trip, I ask Evie out to dinner, and instantly got along well.", Benson replied, as Evie agrees to his words. "That doesn't mean you two can get married after just one date!", George cried. 

"Well, during this date, we both felt a connection and we instantly have an interest in each other.", Evie sighed, as she held Benson's hand. "So what are you guys going to do?", Fiona asked. "Well, tomorrow we're going to have a media conference and announce our marriage to the public eye.", Benson replied. 

"Benson, may I ask why you and Evelyn decided to get married after the first date?", Victoria asked. "Well Mom, you and Dad have been wanting me to settle down with a wife and maybe children, and I thought about what you both said to me and I told Evie about it.", Benson sighed. 

"When Benson told me, he was so desperate to find a wife and I felt bad for him. Then, he asked me if we want to get married, and of course, I accepted.", Evie smiled. "But you hated him.", Fiona replied. "I did, but not anymore.", Evie sighed, looking at Benson. 

Both of their families look at each other and realise the marriage that Benson and Evie have together. "It sounds like you two are in love.", George replied. "We are, Dad and we're happy.", Evie smiled, holding Benson's hands into hers. 

"And since we didn't have a witness at our wedding in Vegas, we're going to have a second wedding, for you guys and for our friends to witness.", Benson replied, and Evie nods with agreement of his words. "Wow, that sounds amazing!", Selina cried. 

"So Evie, who's going to be your bridesmaids and your maid of honour. "Well, my bridesmaid will be my best friend, Rebecca from work and my maid of honour will be my sister.", Evie replied. Desiree looks up at Evie, after hearing that she'll be a maid of honour.