II

╰┈─➤ ❝ 𝐀𝐰𝐤𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 ❞

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ☾⋆。· ┊

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ 。. ┊

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ✩·.

┊ ┊ ☆.⋆ ┊

✰⋆. ┊ · 。 ┊

. ∘✩

The loud and soothing repeating sound of the AC reverberated inside the cramped apartment room as soft footsteps pitter-pattered on the wooden floorboards. It was a new school day for (Y/n), and she was already two hours late.

'Goddammit, where the hell did I leave my gum pack?' Pulling off the blanket that covered the small sofa (Y/n) huffed as it revealed no gum pack. 'How the hell am I supposed to deal with the day, now? I ran out of money when I paid for the damn rent.' Soothing out her hair (Y/n) took a deep breath and let it out.

"Forget it. I'll just have to deal with the day without chewing my gum." (Y/n) whispered, grabbing her school bag and slinging it over her shoulder as she walked to the front door and changed her slippers, putting on her outside shoes. Quickly grabbing her house keys (Y/n) patted her hip pocket to make sure that her flip phone was there and, thankfully, it was.

Opening the front door (Y/n) stepped out and closed it tightly, turning the handle to make sure that it was properly closed before turning to the right and walking down the empty stairs. Sirens blared as two police cars passed the street in front of her apartment building and zoomed by.

(Y/n) block wasn't the best. Not everyone was bad in her neighborhood, but not everyone was exactly good, either. The streets were cracked deeply with cans littered everywhere, graffiti sprayed on one of the abandoned buildings that some kids liked to hang out in.

People were outside of their homes in huddles, exchanging cigarettes. To others, this may have screamed danger to them, but for (Y/n), this was her home. (Y/n) knew this place for as long as she could remember, and the people knew her, too.

"Oi, (Y/n)! Going to school or some shit? Good luck, kid. Better make something of your life or you'll have to answer to us." A cuddly-looking guy exclaimed, his eyes directed towards (Y/n) walking figure as others stared as well.