VII

╰┈─➤ ❝ 𝐃𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐭𝐬

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ┊

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ☾⋆. · ┊

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊. . ┊

┊ ┊ ┊ ┊ ✩·.

┊ ┊ ☆.⋆ ┊

✰⋆. ┊ ·. ┊

. ∘✩

Red lights streaked across the black pavement as the thundering vibration of roaring engines resonated together attractively in the generally silent and dissolute streets. The night was fresh, but the twilight was thick and unnerving as the only noise that could be understood was the speeding motorcycles, leaving the Shrine as they headed towards their destinations.

'August 3rd...' Watching as (Y/n) and the others sped away in their motorcycles, Takemitchi stared blankly at the retreating figures as the violently fluttering hair of (Y/n) became smaller and smaller, and so was the blood-red lights fixed to her ride.

"August 3rd, you'll save Ryuguji Ken."

'That's the day Draken dies!'

Smirking as she felt the bitter, chilly wind being assailed against her skin, (Y/n) glanced to her left as she located the serious-looking Ryuguji staring ahead, his eyes impassive and cool as he seemed to scan his surroundings in alarm.

Continuing to inspect his features and movements a little longer, (Y/n) later glanced away and back ahead, the hollow pit that she would always feel in her chest becoming just a tad bit lighter.

↢ ❦ ↣

"My bodyguard? No way."

"Thank you!"

Then it dawned on him.