09

Diana's Pov

Diana's Pov

The world was a mad place.

It was filled with chaotic people, drowning in their sorrows and regret. They once said there's a beautiful world waiting out for you, but was it? If only, time never stopped for anyone.

With time, you felt left out, alone.

You felt it slipping away from your grasp.

But here you were.

And here you are.

Darkness swooned all over my body, I gazed down at myself in the full-length silver leaf over gold mirror frame. I felt myself slipping, "Dark, lonely and twisted." Slipped through my tongue in a pained, raw voice.

Plugging in my earbuds, I let myself fall.

I let it all out.

My feet skidded throughout the ballroom, my hair whooshing across my face my arms flying, they sprang free, my body swayed to the music.

🎶Grab my hand, I'm drowning. I feel my heart pounding. Why haven't you found me yet?

The melancholy air surrounded me, trapped, touched my soul, feeling breathless my body slumped to the floor a broken smile lifting the corner of my mouth. Dancing was the only escape from sorrow, pain, and regrets. People had their escape route from life;- mine was dancing.

I bled along with the melancholic melody.

Recalling a mournful memory.

2019

"Odysseus, what happened to your face?" I whirled my head to him my heart thumping against my chest as I was met with a bloody mess, he was a mess. Nose smashed and cheekbone hammered into pulp. His throbbing features bored congealed blood, his shirt all wrinkled torn apart. The muscle in his jaw tightened before he clamped it shut, his hard blue irises void of any emotions.

"It's nothing just business, father's dealing with some men."

Before continuing."Just don't go downstairs." I jerked startled when I heard mom shouting at someone, her screech filling the hallways.

"Did dad, do something wrong?" I conquered my bottom lip quivered at the numerous shouts.

Odysseus blinked before an exasperated sigh filtered through his chest and he stepped forward pulling me into his arms.

"It needs to be done, it had to be." He blankly exclaimed as in dazed, my brows shot up in confusion but I didn't question him.

"Is he going to hurt mom?" I couldn't help but ask, he pulled away his jaw clenching and a vein in his temple went prominent. "He would never hurt your mom, she's just throwing a fuss over nothing." He never thought of my mom as his own, they never got along. "Odysseus." I pleaded demanding an answer.