12

Diana's Pov

Diana's Pov

I had accepted my fate, my life.

And what was coming for me.

Marriage was a beautiful bond, a husband and a wife who loved each other, cared for each other but Sylvain and I had nothing close to that. He had blackmailed me forced me into his life. He was truly a devil who enjoyed ruining other's lives, he was the kind of a man who would sit back and watch you suffer, as you begged for life.

He felt no emotions.

He felt no sympathy.

Fear crawled my veins, as I dreaded about my life. I was finally going to be bound to him, mentally and physically. Was love too much to ask for?

Could a man like Sylvain, ever keep me happy?

Countless thoughts and emotions lined inside my mind holding me captive.

I had no one of my own, I had lost my family.

Sophie was all I had left.

And Sylvain soon to be my husband, my only family.

The devil was going to be my family.

"Diana!" Syenn drawled bursting into my room with a cheerful grin etched upon his lips, far by the only emotion he's expressed. "The makeup artist will be arriving in a few minutes, oh- and this is your dress." My eyes dipped to the dress, and they narrowed into confusion. As if reading my thoughts he answered.

"He wanted you to be his lady in red. When you're married off to a higher rank in the mafia, you're supposed to follow the rules and wear the color red on your wedding." I nodded processing the information in my brain before asking.

"What does red initiates?"

A dark, humorless gleam passed through his eyes, he smirked not your average, "Bound by heart, blood, and soul." I visibly swallowed.

It wasn't long before the professional makeup artist arrived, she did her work. Coating my face with foundation, my cheekbones were highlighted with contour and blush, she had applied a generous amount of nude eyeshadow, mascara that made my eyelashes look long and thick a bloody red matte lipstick completed the look. My breathing labored down my throat as I stared at myself in the full-length mirror.

The dress was anything but your average.

The designer had done his or her work with so much effort. It was a luxurious long sleeve sequin mermaid dress that dramatically flared down my knees. It was perfect, so beautifully made. It fit to me like a second skin, outlining every curve, dip, and nook of my body.

The double doors burst opened, my breathing hitched as Sylvain strode to me in his usual deliberate steps his eyes narrowed a fraction with amusement and lust. His blank intense gaze sought through each curve, pacing from my sensitive breasts that were visible due to the deep neckline, all the way to my face. I gave out a nervous sigh my anxiety at its peak not knowing the powerful effect he had on me. He cleared his throat huskily.