15

Sylvain's Pov

Sylvain's Pov

Furious.

Numb.

Hard-hearted.

I was a made man. My scars drenched in blood, sweat. Death surrounded everywhere I went, it lurked around me in waves. The darkness around me was the type that would drive you mad, that would shatter naïve souls. My past was the definition of my future, it was what made me the fierce and fearless male and the made man I stood today on my feet.

Revenge.

Everything was taken away from me, Savio, my only brother had sacrificed himself for me, he had shown me his loyalty. He burned for me, his naïve soul was taken away, his life as if it never mattered, to begin with. Ironic, isn't it? How people one day die their mere existence wiped away from the world just like a cigarette, leaving behind memories, memories to cry to, bled to.

It's like they never existed. Time waited for no one to heal, to stop.

Since his death, I had vowed for a vendetta. I would tear, kill, sweat for anything it takes to get vengeance. I had been waiting for years Since, his death I never returned to being my old self.

"How's your wife holding on to her new life?" Ivano leaned against the wooden armchair lighting a cigar, inhaling the toxic fumes regarding me with mockery. My shoulders tensed, memorizing her.

Diana, a short form for diamonds.

She was indeed a diamond, something about her lit fire into my chest, the darkness within me wanted her light, I didn't just want to see her writhe under my touch. I wanted her to burn. She was the only woman who didn't throw herself at me, who fought me regarding her freedom and her happiness.

Happiness?

If you ask me, that word didn't exist in my vocabulary. Happiness and rest, something I stopped believing in this world.

There was no rest or happiness for me.

She made my blood coil, a single touch from her sent something, anything down my heart, my darkness, she was the only one that drove me nuts, that made my cøck twitch with illicit temptation and lust. Ruining her life wasn't what I had planned, but she was the only pawn, the only heiress. So I did, what felt right. She was the perfect way to get through him after all in the end family is family.

Family stays family.

She was unaware of the monster I truly was, but I didn't care. I never cared.

I was incapable of emotions, I couldn't feel.

Guilt never overwhelmed me, many men I've shot, butchered I never felt the guilt, but her tears meant something to me as if a dagger pierced through my soul whenever I came across her crying about her nightmares and miseries.