17

Odysseus's Pov

Odysseus's Pov

6 hours ago before the murder.

Stabilizing the cap on my head, I headed in towards Sophie's apartment only to find it locked. Well, well. That could easily be fixed. Wedging a screwdriver in between the door, I fiddled with it, and the door unlocked with a click.

The door made a creaking sound, silence greeted me. I took unhurried, gradual steps. My dress shoes clicking against the wooden floor. My eyes zoomed to her surroundings in search of her phone but couldn't find it. Damnit! I needed her ex's number and fast, I was running out of time.

A loud knock sounded through the door and I mentally gave out a curse, fück, before moving towards the door, and peeking in the hole only to find a familiar face. A devious, cunning smirk curled to my mouth. Oh, I knew who this was.

The prey had come to me, this just made it easier.

I flew the door open challenging Tyson, who slightly staggered on his steps indicating he was drunk. "Hey- man, who are you? Is Sophie around?" He asked, slurring on his words.

I rolled my eyes, opening the door for him. He stepped in, confusion written on his expression. "I will not ask again, who are you?"

My palm collided with the door slamming it shut, a cruel, dark smile etched on my mouth as I walked to him in slow, deliberate step. "You're the guy she's screwing right? Weeks since we broke up and like the whore she is she's dicking down a blondie." He accused, my jaw tightened but a humorless glint flashed through my eyes.

"Who am I? Well, -" I pretended to be in thought before tossing him an obvious look. "I don't even know the answer to that question but-" I pointed my forefinger to him leaning against the door. "-all I know is that I'm someone who's going to kill you."

He barked out a humorless laughter. "Man you-? You can't because I'll be killing you and Sophie first." This time, I crackled out a deep, unpleasant mirth, clutching my stomach. "You're funny and I like you but you have to go." I raised my hand eyeing the blackbird tattoo etched upon my wrist and showed it to him faking sympathy.