19

Diana's Pov

Diana's Pov

My heart was pounding inside my chest, within the rise of my anger came another emotion: betrayal. How could he humiliate me like this after everything we've been through? Oh wait, our marriage didn't mean anything to him, he didn't care. He was not capable of emotions, then what did I expect from him? I never thought he'd cheat on me in our marriage.

I thought he'd stay faithful, but I was naïve to think that a man like Sylvain wouldn't demand intimacy if not from me than someone else. I felt wretched, hurt, and betrayed. It all made sense now, the holding back refusing to touch me.

How could I be so naïve and foolish? Falling for someone who'd never reciprocate the same feelings I felt for him. But he was the only family I had, he was my husband. I had been a fool.

I felt lost,

Hopeless.

But if he wanted to stay unfaithful, might as well end all ties. I wouldn't tolerate him cheating on me and that too under our roof. Screw him! Without any warning, I barged into the door, my palms colliding with the wooden door of his headquarters. He had the woman backed to the wall, the cords of his neck stood out like overly tightened guitar strings, and he had his teeth clenched.

"I knew it-" I boomed shaking with anger, Sylvain stiffened as if in realization, my vulnerable hurt face collided with his blank expression. He rose a dark brow in silent inquiry but I beat him to it. "It all makes sense now, you've been cheating on me!"

"Oh God, you're nothing but an aßshole! Screw you and screw her!" His jaw twitched, a fraction of amusement glittered through his gray eyes before they went blank with silence. Biting down at my tongue I croaked out the words, bitterness swirling through my chest.

Why did it hurt?

"I want a separation." My voice sliced through the eerie silence, Sylvain barked out a cruel, sardonic chuckle and that resulted me leaping to him and giving a hard shove down his chest, that didn't make him shift a bit. "Ain't it funny how I started to believe in you, in us- when in return you played twisted games with me! You always do."

"Diana! Enough!" Sylvain thundered, a deep roar of anger rumbling through his chest, he flicked a hand through his temple in frustration. "Armando!" He growled, gone was his patience now placed with anger, something deadly. Armando stormed into the office in a blink.

"Lock her in the basement and make sure she answers to whatever asked."

My worried, surprised eyes sought the woman who looked absolutely terrified, shrinking into the wall as further as she could. Armando yanked her into his arms fiercely as she struggled.

They left.

A wave of anxiety and terror shot through my veins, as I regarded him with an unbelievable look. "So, this is what you do to women after screwing them- you have them locked into the basement?" I sank away terrified at the man that stood in front of me.