1. James Sirius Potter

ONE

A beginning to a new chapter doesn't always have to be scary

Dust was painted all across the wall as he packed all of his stuff. Three years wasted, shoved into a bin as all those years did to him was stress, nothing else. A slap to his face from the failure, proof that the people around him always leave him at the end.

But perhaps it wasn't all bad.

He got a new best friend, James Sirius Potter.

The tune of the one-year-old really brings joy to his world, something unexpected yet he wouldn't wish for anything better.

Looking at the very back of the closet, he saw a box filled with all the stuff he had back in his Hogwarts days.

Smiling to himself, he grabbed the box outside of its hiding and used a napkin to brush the specks of dust off before opening the box.

He had to ignore the sickly feeling when he saw the Triwizard cup. He quickly shoved it down and pulled out the dress robe he wore from the yule ball.

He couldn't stop his smile from remembering that night.

"Would you like to go to the Yule ball with me?" asked fourteen-year-old Harry sheepishly to his best friend.

"Are you asking me because you can't ask anyone else?" Kara smirked at him.

"Of course not!"

"Guys who have asked me are sketchy so I guess I'm okay being your backup plan. Why not, Potter," Kara said amusedly.

"Oh, thank you," Harry breathed out and immediately hugged his best friend. "I thought I was a goner — and you are not my backup plan."

"You are not a goner, Harry," Kara rubbed his back as she chuckled. "Two girls asked you already."

Harry pulled away and looked at her seriously. "Sketchy girls."

"Right, sketchy girls."

He smiled even wider when he saw piles of letters which he knew who was from. Untying the rope, he put the letters on the floor.

He grabbed one letter and decided to open it.

Dear Flash,

Are the Dursleys still a bunch of losers? If so, you owe me a galleon, why? I don't know, I just want your money.

I went to the toy store yesterday and got you a flash Minifigure. I hope you like it and you can add it to your other collection of toys (which aren't much). Poor you. Very wealthy in the wizarding world but very poor in the muggle world.

An idea just came into my mind, you need to buy Dudley a wizarding toy, Harry! It'll surprise the loser so much he might pee in his pants.

I bet Dudley still pee in his pants when he's asleep.

I have to go, mum and dad are bringing me to a boring adult gathering. I'll fill you in on it.