3. Private Life

THREE

Faith has a funny way of showing how they work sometimes

James tilted his head at Harry in confusion, tugging the shirt of his dad while still gripping his new car toy.

"Kara? Kara Brie?" Harry asked once more.

"Yeah, the one and only," Kara replied, chuckling awkwardly.

"What? How? Where have you been?" Harry frowned even deeper as he let out heavy breaths of disbelief.

"Definitely earth, I didn't move to outer space though maybe I can? I mean astronauts-"

"Kara, what the f- flower?!"

"Flower?" Kara furrowed her eyebrows as the corner of her lips turned upwards.

"I have a toddler with me, can't curse and all that."

"Oh yeah, what's his name? James isn't it?"

"Yeah, James Sirius Potter," he replied, grinning from ear to ear as he showed off his son proudly. "And don't divert the topic, where have you been, Kara Brie? Don't tell me that Zor-El place is yours."

"It is mine," she stated confidently.

"Flower off. That place is really yours," he breathed out. "Hermione actually visited there once but you weren't there, you remember Hermione right?"

"She's your best friend, yeah I remember her."

He smiled at her. "She told me there's a new cafe in Diagon Alley called Zor-El. Hermione guessed it was your place but I thought there's no way. I mean, you — you were gone, Kara. I thought you were dead."

She cringed at the thought of her being dead.

"Well I am not, surprise," she said awkwardly. "I moved to Singapore."

"Why didn't you tell me? I sent you letters, Kara. You just left without any words," he whispered weakly.

Kara dragged her feet in circles awkwardly before looking at James who kept tugging at Harry's shirt, telling his father he wanted to go home with his action.

"I think your son wants to go home," Kara swiftly shifted the topic. "How old is he again?"

He sighed from the diversion of the topic but decided to answer anyway, "He's twenty-three months old."

"You're using months like actual parents," she pointed out, looking at him amusedly.

He chuckled at her jaw-dropped look. "He's one and turning two next month."

"Wow." She kneeled to James' height and said, "You are big aren't you little one. What is that?" She pointed at the toy.

He showed Kara the toy proudly and opened the doors of the car, showing her the inside of it.

"Are you turning two next month, James?"

He gave Kara a toothy grin before nodding his head with a gleam of excitement in his eyes.

Suddenly James stretched his hand and showed Kara his palm.

"He wants high five," Harry told her.

"Ohhh, yeah, high five, James!"

Once the two high-fived, James giggled excitedly and looked at his father proudly.

"He likes high five," Harry informed her.

"I can tell." Kara smiled brightly.

She then stood up properly, standing face to face with the bespectacled man.