8. Pancakes for Breakfast

EIGHT

Talking to you has always been as easy as how the water flows

Kara decided to have cereal for breakfast, not wanting to cook anything. She grabbed her cereal container, bowl, and spoon before making her way to the fridge to get her milk.

Just before she could open her fridge, her phone rang. Groaning, the blonde woman reluctantly marched to the table to get her Nokia. Though her reluctance completely washed away when she saw who was calling her.

"Hello, Kara Brie?"

With a faint chuckle, she replied, "Hi Harry. Finally figured out how to use the muggle phone?"

"Still confused," he heaved out a sigh. "Would you come over to help me out with it? I have breakfast here if you haven't eaten, I hope y-"

A sound of a toddler could be heard and whatever James was doing, caused Harry to panic.

"Hey! Don't eat that James."

A burst of giggles then came out of James's mouth and Kara could picture the sheepish smile the toddler was making.

Harry then continued to entertain James, seeming to forget he was still on the line with Kara but she didn't make a decision to end the call.

"Sorry, got distracted," said Harry after a while. "So, are you coming over? Have I ever told you where I live?"

"No," she answered.

"Well, I'm going to tell you now so you better write it down missy."

Once the call ended, she cancelled her plan to eat cereal and sprinted to her room, getting herself ready as fast as she could.

She felt like a schoolgirl again with the butterflies in her stomach, fluttery feeling in her chest, shaky hands, and a never-ending picture of Harry with James in her mind.

She decided to put on a long sleeve shirt with denim overalls. To top that, she braided her hair into two. However, to ease up the farm girl look, she put on her coolest sneaker which she doubted would make a difference since she would be taking off her shoes later anyway.

After she hopped into her car, she put on Britney Spears and drove away to Harry's house.

The whole time, she couldn't stop the giddy fluttery feeling. Even without coffee, her heart was pounding heavily and her hands were shaking.

She had to call Harry again to ask which one was his house so he decided to wait outside with James around him.

Once Harry saw her car, he waved at her, making James copy him and the two Potters waved beamingly at Kara.

Once she was parked, Harry opened her door and greeted her.

"Thanks, Harry," she said gratefully.

"No worries," he breathed out. "The house is a bit of a mess right now with James's toys. I forgot to tell you, I hope you're okay with pancakes. James is obsessed with pancakes for breakfast."

"Oh no problem," she chirped and once she noticed her high-pitched tone, she internally scolded herself.

"C'mon, let's go inside," he told her. "And James, this is Kara, Kara, this is James. Remember Kara, James? You met her before."

The toddler looked at Kara sheepishly and gave the woman a toothy smile.

"Hi, James." Kara lightly pinched the toddler's cheek, creating soft giggles coming out of him.