12. Kal-El

TWELVE

You don't have to be super to be someone's hero

Kara's eyes lingered longer to Harry as he was eating his cinnamon roll. How could someone look so attractive while eating? she thought.

Spending time together in her cafe, the two continued to finish their work with the company of one another, shooing out the amount of pressure that was holding them down.

Kara however enjoyed them in some way because at least she was doing something she loved. On the other hand, Harry was miserable. He thought about quitting multiple times but what would he do?

Sure he would be settled long term with the amount of money he currently has but living without a purpose made your life dull and he wanted nothing more than to feel even more miserable than he already was.

But what if he was really unhappy? He had lived his life down in the dump for most of his life, couldn't he at least live the life he wanted now?

Everything was coming together, Kara, James, even Hermione, and Ron were coming home soon. Except for his work.

"I might quit being an Auror," Harry confessed to Kara.

Kara put down her muggle pen and cocked an eyebrow at him. "Why is that?"

And right then, he spilled his guts to her. How he felt it wasn't meant for him, how he still highly disliked the ministry, how he knew he was meant to do something more.

Kara listened to him intently, not missing a second from his words.

Once he was finished, she smiled gently at him. "What do you enjoy, Harry?"

"I don't know," he replied, shrugging. "I like to cook and play quidditch."

"You can open a restaurant or try out for a quidditch team," she suggested.

"First one is tempting but I don't think I'm that skillful. Second option is less tempting because I hate attention because being a quidditch player means that you'll be widely known, am I correct?"

"Of course, Harry," she replied amusedly.

"And quidditch is Ginny's thing. I really don't want to come across her in a match or something," he shuddered.

Kara frowned, lost in her thoughts until the corner of her lips twitched upwards and her eyes widened.

"You like teaching, are you not?" she asked, with a mischievous look, painting an up to no good face, making him think of the worst.

"Yes?" he answered, more like a question to himself.

"Be a teacher! Maybe you can be a Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher! You know who is gone, I'm sure the place isn't jinxed anymore."

"I don't want to go back to Hogwarts, remember? At least not for a long period of time."

"Oh." Her shoulders dropped, just for a second before her eyes perked up again. "You're rich!"

"Your point?" Harry raised her eyebrows.

"Open your own school, dummy!"

"Continue." He clasped his hands together with his solemn look.

"Most children do homeschool before Hogwarts, right? Non-muggle or children who didn't grow up in the muggle world I mean. I know there's nothing wrong with it but for children whose parents are busy or want to have friends, do many fun activities with their peers, they can go to your school! Human interaction is a vital part of growing up. Not to mention, you can fully prepare them for Hogwarts so they would be ready when their letters came.