7. Happy Harry

SEVEN

Things are supposed to happen this way

"Your idea of fun is making me roller skate, Kara? I can't- WOAH."

He immediately stumbled in front but before he could fall, Kara caught him and he wasted no time clinging to her.

"Oh calm down big baby, you're wearing all kinds of protective gear," Kara cooed.

"Dying from roller skating is not what I want my death to be, Kara," he announced dramatically.

"You won't die from roller skating." Kara chuckled. "I can check if the trainer's available. Maybe there's one for you now."

"Yes, can you do that?"

"C'mon, let's check it out."

Thankfully there was one trainer for him now and it has been a huge help for the bespectacled man. Harry now could skate without any fret of him falling.

Guess Kara is right, worries are starting to evaporate from his body. Occasional jokes the blonde makes and even him hurting from falling emanates laughter of joy from him.

"Oh, oh, look at that kid Harry, he's wearing protective gears and a trainer like you, and what is he? Three? Four? He looks so small!" she cooed.

"I might take James roller skating when he's a bit older," said Harry, looking at the young skater in awe.

"You definitely should so he won't be like his father," joked Kara, slightly chuckling.

"Hey!" he huffed. "I want to try not using the trainer again."

"Harry, I was kidding-"

"Of course I know you were kidding Kara Brie, I just want to try not using the trainer," he told her.

"Okay then, I'll slowly pull the trainer away from you. Are you ready?"

He nodded assuredly.

He stumbled for a while without the trainer but once he got the hang of it, he could slowly skate without it. His hands, however, were all over the place, thinking it'll help with his balance.

"Want to hold my hand? You almost slapped that kid, Harry," she offered while chuckling.

He suddenly coughed. "Er- sure, sure, sure."

Jolts of flutters outspread throughout his body. With the heightened heartbeat, fastened blood flows, and never-ending swooping feeling, Kara Zor-El Brie has entranced him once again.

In the middle of their skate, suddenly Kara's stomach rumbled, making Harry pause for a bit before bursting out laughing.

"Are you hungry?" he asked between laughter.

"Yes," she answered sheepishly.

"Let's get some food then."

The two skated to exit the rink and made their way to an empty table. Once the two sat, Harry wasted no time taking off his shoes and let out a huge sigh once they landed on the floor, leaving his feet bare.

"I'm going to buy some food for us. Anything you want in particular?" he offered, looking at her who's currently hugging her stomach. He had to press his lips together, holding his laughter.

"Hot dog, fries, nachos, and soft drink," she answered in one breath.

"Okay. I promise I'll be back as soon as I can," he assured her. Before he left their table, he ruffled her hair slightly making her scoff.