CHAPTER 16 GETTING READY FOR CHRISTMAS/ SUPRISE

"Wake up! Wake up! Wake Uppp!" I whined into Garretts ear as I bounced up and down on his bed causing his slightly larger frame to move from side to side as I shook the bed.

"Lill... It's only five o'clock" he whined in return.

I came down and snuggled up beside him so that I could whisper into his ear, my tiny voice in his ear "But it's christmas" I notified him. His eyes flew open and he grabbed my arm, pulling me off the bed with him. We ran into Diana's room and both of us jumped on her bed to wake her up.

"It's Christmas" we cheered in unison. Our sister bolted upright with a gigantic smile on her face.

"Let's go!" she exclaimed. The three of us ran to the living room arm-in-arm. We finally arrived at the large wooden doors that held the living room behind it. When we opened the doors, we gasped, as we did every year. The large fire place had five stockings hanging from it. Our expensive furniture was now facing it. The christmas tree was brightly lit and in the corner. The mountain of presents that erupted from it was breathtaking. There were so many presents! The three of us plopped down on the longest lounge chair and ate the christmas cookies on the table while we waited for our parents. We were practically jumping out of our seats with excitement.

Finally, they walked into the room, my father's arm around my mother's waist. I loved my parents, they were perfect. The best parent's anyone could ever hope to get and somehow I won the lottery. They were wearing their christmas robes. My mother's was red and my father's was green. The three of us were wearing our christmas pajamas. Garrett wore a black thermal and red plaid pants. Diana wore her christmas nightgown, it was a green plaid with a red bow at the neckline. I wore my nightgown as well, it matched hers. It was red plaid with a green bow at the kneck line, it came down to my knees where hers came a little past her knees eventhough she was taller.

"Mommy! Daddy!" I exclaimed as I ran into their arms, Garrett and Diana in tow.

"Morning my little fire child" my mother giggled. She called me little fire child because I was a little wild and I had fire magic.

"Morning mommy, merry christmas" I beamed.

"Can we open presents?" My brother, sister and I said in unison.

"Not until Lillian lights the fire place" my father said in his strong voice. My father was so strong and he always protected and loved me. We were buddies.

I bounded over to the unlit fire place and extended my palms towards it. Having me light the fire place was a little test my father had been giving me every christmas, and every year the flame would glow brighter. Without delay, a little spark sounded and soon the fire grew. It was the largest it had ever been. Being a seven year old that could light a fire was pretty cool and I always praised myself for it.

My father lifted me in his arms rested me on his hip "Good job" he said with a smile. I could see the pride in his eyes. It always made me so happy to make my dad have that same expression, I guess you could say I lived for it.

A gigantic grin tugged its way across my face. I knew what that meant "Presents?" I asked playfully.

He rolled his eyes jokingly "Presents!" he exclaimed. He was like a big kid. I knew he was dying to open presents with us. He loved spending time with us. Garrett teleported from his spot beside my mother to over to the tree and dove into the pile of presents. Diana skipped to the tree and my father carried me over and set me down before the pile. My mother joined us.

It took us hours to open all of the presents, the kitchen staff brought us breakfast. It was red waffles and green whipped cream, for christmas. As we talked and ate breakfast. I got up from my spot on the floor and walked over to my father, and sat on his lap. "Do you like your presents?" my father asked.