CHAPTER 12 THE LIES RUN DEEP

Chapter 12
Draygan's pov

I sat at my desk, twirling a dark red orb in my hand, Lillian's aura. She seemed so familiar, like a part of a distant memory. Her scent was one I couldn't forget but couldnt place either. Trying to figure it out began to make my head pound. The red sphere began to glow brighter as I tried to remember who she was. Lillian Hamilton, That name isn't one that I know, but Im certain I know her. Aggrivated, I picked up my satchel and left my classroom. As I walked through the halls some of my students waved to me or said hello. I merely smiled in return. I walked through the mansion until I reached my room in the teachers wing. I entered my room and shut the door. The room was dark, except for the desk lamp that I had forgotten to shut off earlier. My room was relatively clean. It almost looked impersonal. I didn't really have any posessions lying around. I had a book case stuffed with books. Grimmoires, Novels, lesson plans, anything with a binding really. On top of my desk there was a photo of me and my best, and truly great friend Jon Hamilton. He was the only person I had ever felt close to, he was like a brother to me. Unfortunatley he had died nine years ago. He was the one that got me to Kayde. He founded it with his wife Cienna. Before I came here, I was in a bad place and he knew it. He had three children, Dianna, Garrett, and another. What was her name? I could recall her face, she was full of energy, just like her father. She had the biggest smile, vibrant green eyes, and brown-amber hair. I actually began to mentor her, but after her father died... I can't recall what happened to her actually. Funny, she would be seventeen now, I think. As I was recalling my memories of her, it hit me. Jon Hamilton, Lillian Hamilton. She changed her name. The frame slipped out of my hand and fell to the carpet. I ran out of my room.

How had I forgotten my best friend's youngest daughter. A child that brightened up the world as she experienced it. Her light and warmth spread out to everything and everyone she touched. Collecting myself, I walked slower as I neared the doors. I burst through anyways. There she was. Sitting at her desk without a care in the world. "Does she know? Does she know Cienna?" I breathed in a strangled voice. A scared secretary ran in after me, "I'm so sorry Miss Kayde, I tried to stop Mr Draygan. He wouldn't listen." Startled, Cienna looked up at me. "I have absolutley no idea what you're talking about Henry." She merely ignored the secretary. I couldn't even recall her name. Realizing that she was unwanted she backed out and closed the doors without a sound. "Cut the crap Cienna. Don't lie to me. Does Lillian Know that she's your daughter?"

The words suprised me as they left my mouth. I hadn't fully believed it until I'd said it. A look of pain and realization crossed her face. She looked tired, her grief was finally catching up with her. She sighed "No, Henry. And I would like you to not say anything if that's possible. If not, we will have problems" she looked at me with determination. I just don't understand. Why was she hiding this? "Why? Why are you hiding this? Didn't Garrett and Dianna realize they were suddenly missing a sibling? Im sure Jon wouldn't have agreed to you giving her up. How did I not remember she was gone until now?" I began to raise my voice. I realized that I was still standing by the door, my outfit desheveld. How could she do this to her family? She straightened in her chair and folded her hands in front of her. "You remember when Jon died don't you? We were all vulnerable. Everyone was grieving for Jon. My children were unconsolable. Their father had just died. They didn't understand how sick he was, especially Lillian. She was the closest to him out of the three of them. Eventhough I was in shock, I remembered one of the last things that Jon said before he left us. "Remember, Nathaniel Blackwell is waiting for an opening. Once I'm gone he will go for Lillian. You can not let your guard down. Do not lose our daughter" was what he said. So I did what I had to, to protect my family." She paused, tears were now streaming down her face, but she looked as fierce as ever. "So" she continued "eventhough Ella was young, she was powerful. I had her repress everyone's memory of Lillian. It was especially hard to get you, Dianna, and Garrett to forget." she laughed, a painful laugh. "Then, I had her take all of Lillian's memories of this life and put it into a necklace. I gave that necklace and my youngest child to Jon's sister Susanne. The only people that remembered Lillian were me and Ella. As far as Lillian knows, Susanne is her mother, and Jon is her father. But she doesn't remember me, you, her siblings, or the magic. I had Ella leave Lillian's memory of their friendship so that I still had a connection to her, I had Ella check in on Lillian all the time. I also kept in touch with Susanne slightly. Before Lillian left Susanne's care, she gave Lillian the necklace. When Lillian wants to remember, the memories will come back. But until then, no, Henry, she does not know she is my daughter. Also, everyone will remember who she is in their own time, just as you have. So, Mr. Draygan, that is why I did what I did." I fell to the ground. She had done all of this on her own. She had lost her husband and daughter in the same day. Her daughter is right infront of her but she can't say anything. Cienna has been hiding so much for nine years. Once everyone realizes, this will destroy everything. I swallowed " You didn't have to do this alone though. When Jon died I told you how I felt. I told you I was there for you" I said, staring at the floor. I could feel small tears run down my face. "If I asked for your help, that would mean that I would let you in, and I wasn't ready for that. Im still not. Having Lillian back in my life made me realize that. Im sorry." I knew that's what she would say. That didn't change how I felt about her though. I slowly picked myself up and started for the door. In the doorway, I stopped, still facing the hallway I said "I wont say anything Cienna, but you should before it's too late." Then I walked out, the doors closing behind me.
As I walked out I realized there was someone leaning against the wall, arms folded. I turned to see who it was.

It was Garrett. He looked up at me, anger all over his face. "Is it true?" He asked. I guess he heard my shouting. I simply looked at him. I wasn't allowed to confirm his suspicions. I had just promised Cienna I wouldn't say anything. "Your silence means Im right. I don't care if you deny it or not. I know Im right, I knew from the minute I saw her. I know you did too. I saw it all over your face in class. I thought i'd let you know." Beneath the anger, I could see the happiness in his eyes. Thats right, eventhough Dianna was his twin, Garrett loved Lillian like she was his other half. He always protected her. He was always by her side. It killed him that he had forgotten her, he wasn't going to let go of her again. He's going to do whatever it takes to keep her here. He pushed himself off of the wall with his foot and strode away. "Garrett, don't say anything. Let her figure it out on her own" I called to him. He shrugged as he walked away "No promises professor. Maybe I'll give her a little push." Then he was gone. I hope he will do the right thing. I know he wants her back, but Lillian needs her own time to remember. If he forces this on her, it could ruin everything. I was left alone in the silent hallway with thousands of different thoughts and fears running through my mind.

ATTN:
I'm still working on the next chapter. I could probably finish it today or tomorrow morning. If you want me to post it before Monday please vote or comment. Also please let me know what you think of the story so far. I want to improve it based on what you guys say. I really want this story to be good I enjoy writing it. I hope you enjoy reading it. Okay I have a question... Who is your favorite character so far?
Let me know in the comments! Love you guys :)