Chapter Thirty Three

THIS IS THE RE-WRITTEN VERSION OF CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE. IF YOU ARE A NEW READER, AND ARE READING THIS CHAPTER FOR THE FIRST TIME, THEN COMPLETELY IGNORE THIS AUTHOR'S NOTE HAHA. 

Recap From Previous Chapter

All of that drama was gone and put behind me, put behind us. . . And if I weren’t so involved in this kiss at the moment, I would’ve noticed that the drama was absolutely not gone, and that Jake and I had just started a lot more of it.

“What’s going on here?”

As all good things must eventually do, the kiss ended when I pulled back to look into her brown eyes. Her face was pale and it looked like she had just seen a ghost that had come out of the movie Paranormal Activity 4; it looked like she wanted to just fall to the ground and cry.

Lily, I’m so sorry. 

- - -

-Chapter Twenty Three-

“Lily, I swear, I wanted to tell you―” I started, but was soon cut off by Lily.

“No, save your breath, Alex. How could you do this? Especially after I told you?” Her face. . . She looked so hurt. “I thought you were my friend.” Tears were falling down her face.

Those words. . . How could you do this? Those five words are the exact same words I said to Christian on the last day of our relationship; I knew exactly what she was feeling right now. . . Betrayal.

“I am your friend―”

“No, you’re not. If you were, then you would have told me. What kind of friend would do this? Have you been sleeping with him too? Is that it? Actually, no, I don’t want to know. J-just leave me alonefrom now on. You, Alex, are a lying slut,” she spat. That felt like a smack across the face to me; it stung.

“Don’t you dare call her that, Lily,” Jake interjected, standing up for me. Oh, my knight in shining armour. . .

“You’ve got to be kidding me, over your best friend of eighteen years, you’re sticking up for her? The newbie in town?” Lily let out a thin laugh. “Like you even really care about her, Jake. Remember what you did to Audrey? Or did you not tell your replacement girlfriend yet?” She gave me a glare.

“Who’s Audrey?” I questioned. “Replacement girlfriend? What is she talking about, Jake?”

“I guess you didn’t,” Lily said, forcing a smile, even though tears were still slowly falling down her face. They soon came to a stop. “Go ahead? Why don’t you tell her?” He didn’t reply. “Guess I’ll be doing the explaining then.”

I looked at Jake. His face was pale white, and his eyes were full of guilt and regret. I knitted my eyebrows together. Desperate to find out who this Audrey girl is, I turned my eyes back to Lily.