Chapter Fifty Nine

PS: I've been taking long to upload bc these recent chapters have been sooooo long. I'm trying not to space everything out in different chapters when I don't have to, because tbh, I already have too many hahah. Also, I was going to upload early on Christmas Eve as an early gift to you all, but I was in the Bahamas and wasn't able to. But I'm home now! Anyways, happy reading, and merry Christmas!

-Chapter Fifty Nine-

Five Days Left

Mumbling. I heard mumbling. Two different voices, two different people. One male and one female. They were having a conversation, but with all my might I attempted to block out the sound of their voices.

I snuggled further into my bed, burying my face in my pillow and pulling the blankets up to my chin. My bed was super comfortable and all, but it was no Jake. The two wouldn't shut up, and I just wanted some more sleep.

What time was it anyways? It still felt early, at least ten in the morning.

"I don't understand how she can sleep in on a day like this."

"She's always been like this. Lazy and in bed. She would marry her bed if you weren't her boyfriend, I'm sure."

My boyfriend? Jake? Why would he be here? He had to go home last night and spend some time with his parents. He couldn't be back already, could he?

"Well, good thing I am then, right?" It was him. Now that I listened, it was definitely Jake's voice.

And Danielle's? I opened my eyes, to see Jake and Danielle hovering over me next to my bed. "What the--why are you two in my room? I want to go back to sleep," I slurred sleepily. "Jake, get in my bed. You make a really nice pillow. And Dani, you can leave."

"I refuse," she said, crossing her arms. "I'm sure I would make a fantastic pillow..."

Jake had an adoring grin on his face. "You need to wake up, babe."

"No," I shook my head and closed my eyes again, then turned in bed so that I was facing away from them. "Let me go to sleep."

"It's already ten in the morning, and if you slept all day, we wouldn't be able to do all the fun stuff that I have planned for today."

"I don't care," I murmured. "I'm going to sleep."

My covers were gone in a split second, rather harshly torn away from my body.

"That's not an option," he replied. Next thing I know, I'm being carried bridal style out of my bedroom as if I was weightless. I wasn't even properly dressed; I was wearing an old camisole and a pair of shorts.

"Jake, please put me down."

"No."

I nuzzled my face into his chest and shut my eyes. "Hey, you're actually pretty comfortable." He smelled good, too. Heavenly, actually. Maybe he shouldn't put me down after all. Perhaps this was better than my actual bed.

"So I've been told." He chuckled. What a wonderful sound.

"You know what..." I never finished my sentence. I'd forgotten what I was going to say. Did I even have anything to say in the first place?

"What do I know?" I could hear the smile in his voice. I loved his smile, and I allowed my eyes to flutter open for a fraction of a second just to see it.

"It's not cool to yank nice girlfriends out of their beds when all they want to do is have a nice, peaceful sleep."

"But what I have planned is better than just lazing around all day."