Chapter Forty Five

Oh my… asdfghjkl;. I got over 100 comments on the last chapter!! Do you think that could happen again? *wink* Just a suggestion… No, seriously, comment or else I’ll hit you with a bus… *pulls out little plush bus toy*

Hehe ♥

-Chapter Forty Five-

          Now, the sun was setting, turning the sky a mix of oranges, pinks, blues, and purples, and merging it with the Pacific on one, large canvas.

          I smiled as the sun dipped into the horizon, loving every moment. We were the only two left on the beach now, Brent and I. People decided that it would be a good idea to go when the temperature started dropping, and when the sun began to bid its goodbye. We thought it would be good to just stay for a little while longer.

          Today we first went to the park and played some Frisbee and got some ice cream from this little, colorful ice cream truck. Then, after the park, we thought it would be a good idea to go bowling! Yes, that turned out to be super fun too. Brent beat me, but not by much. After we played a few games of bowling, it was already seven o’clock PM. So then, we went to the beach, had a picnic, and just stayed there for a long while talking and laughing as people fled.

          Now it was nine thirty. I sat on a baby blue beach blanket with another large blanket that Brent and I were sharing strewn around the two of us. I held my knees up to my chest, and could feel the heat emanating off of Brent’s right arm, keeping the other side of me warm. Only a little bit of warmth came from the sun as it disappeared, but was it covered by the ocean’s breeze.

          Waves lapped against the sand in a never ending pattern. Okay, this was relaxing.

          “So how’d it go with Jake earlier?” Brent asked curiously. “What did he say?”

          “It went fine, I guess. And he didn’t really say much. He basically just gave me my phone back when I asked for it,” I explained simply. “Then I left.”

          “Oh… I still haven’t seen he found out about the kiss. Since he beat me up.”

          An image of Brent’s bruised face popped up in my mind and I winced. “I’m glad you’re better, though.” 

          “Thanks.” I turned my head to look at his face. He did look a lot better. All his bruises and cuts healed; it looked like the fight never happened. “Would you ever get back together with him?”

          I furrowed my eyebrows, wondering why he would ask that, but didn’t say anything. “I don’t know, Brent.”

          “So you’re not over him, then?”

          “What do you mean?”

          “If you were over Jake, you would have said no, not I don’t know.”