Chapter 9 - The possibilities of having an affair

[ Chapter 9 - The possibilities of having an affair ]

- Stella's P.O.V.

The door opens suddenly, revealing James standing behind Rick with a cup in his hand. I guess he did get himself some tea. He clears his throat so that Rick knows that he has entered the room. Rick turns around and I see that a huge smirk has formed on his face. I look at James and see that he still has a serious look on his face. 

I decide to break the silence: "Uh, James! I see you got yourself some tea, huh?"

James face has not moved an inch and it's freaking me out. He keeps on staring at Rick and I have this feeling that he will punch him in the face or maybe throw that cup of tea in Rick's face. As I am thinking this, James puts the cup on a table and starts walking towards Rick. I step in front of Rick so that he won't come any closer. I really don't know a thing about James, other than the stories that I've heard about him. I know that I shouldn't be judging him based on some stories I've heard, but I can't help it at the moment. He seems like he is going to make a scene right here and right now. Like Rick hasn't had a bad past with fighting already. It'll only make things worse and maybe bring back memories about his father.

"Move it, Stella. It's not like I'm going to hit him or anything you crazy girl!" James says, making sure to emphasize the word crazy. He pushes me slightly to the side and does the one thing I had not expected him to do. He gives Rick a bro hug and Rick hugs him back! They both laugh and I'm staring with wide eyes and a blown mind. These guys keep surprising me. If they keep doing this I'm sure I'll actually get crazy.

"So, how did she react? Did she squeal?" James asks Rick as if I'm not really standing here.

"She actually did squeal! But don't tease her, man. That's been my and Ryan's job for ever." Rick answers as if he and Ryan own me.

"Uhm, HELL-O?! Are you both not aware that I am still standing right here? And Rick, neither you or Ryan does own me, got it?" I look at the boys but they are both chuckling and finding it very funny. I remind myself that there is a reason that I've heard a lot of bad things about James and some of them might be true and about Rick... I have promised myself to keep the sassy act in front of him, but now I'm not sure if the acting part will be necessary. 

I don't know why but Rick's reaction made me angry and all I can think about is getting away from him as quick as possible.

"James, you can leave with Ria. I'll call Ryan and see if he and April are not too far away from here, so that he can pick me up", I tell James in a serious tone, while I avoid looking in Rick's way.

"Stells, come on. We're just joking around. Don't do this, let me drop you home. You do not need to call Ryan. I know he doesn't trust me with April at all and this will make the situation worse. Please, Stella let me bring you home", James asks seriously. I can see that he is sorry about the way I'm feeling right now about the both of them, but I'm too mad to answer him. I grab my backpack and leave the room. As I walk to the exit of the building, I dial April's number as Ryan will be driving right now.

"Hey Stella! You're on speaker and it's still just me and Ryan in the car, so you can talk all you want, girl" ,April's voice says.

"Uh, yeah... Hi, guys. So I was wondering... You guys are have not reached that far from Choco FUN, right?"

"Nope, we haven't. What's the problem Stells?" This time it's Ryan who speaks and I can only imagine what's going through his mind right now. James is right, I'm making it all worse. I shouldn't have called April.  But, James is not even my friend. Why should I care? 

"Yeah, could you like come back and pick me up? But promise me that you will not ask any questions about James or even think about the possible things he has done to make me not want to go home in his car."

I hear nothing but silence from the other side and I think they're arguing with hand signs and various looks to each other. 

"It's okay if you don't want to come, I'll just take the bus or walk home or something." 

"No, you won't. We're coming your way to pick you up", Ryan says making thankful for having them as my friends, because I hate taking the bus and walking home is just not my thing. I prefer my bicycle.

************************************************************************************************************

They came back to pick me up and Ryan dropped April first off as she really needed some rest. He told her that he will be bringing her car back right after dropping me at my home. The ride wasn't awkward or anything. It never is with Ryan. But I noticed that he looked a few times at me during the ride, making sure that I wasn't sad of even crying, I think.

"Ryan, what's the deal with James and April? They seem a bit too lovey-dovey lately..." I ask so that he won't be thinking about me anymore.

"I have no idea. I just hope this is a phase and that things will not end up in a relationship or get serious. I do not trust the guy at all. Like, I don't know if you have noticed it, but he has got Ria wrapped around his finger. And they don't seem like they are friends or something" , Ryan says and I can see that his grip around the wheel is getting tighter. Why is he suddenly talking about Ria? I thought it was just James who bothered him. Also, he's suddenly acting so weird. Totally unlike him.

"James does not deserve April at all and he has no right to snatch her or Ria away from me!" He shouts and my eyes get wide when I hear Ria's name. What is going on? Ryan doesn't have an affair with this bitch or does he? I swear if he is having an affair, I will make his life a living hell. My best friend Alyssa is sick at home and her boyfriend may or may not have an affair with the school's witch.

A/N:

UPDATE! :) Yes, I'm finally back with an update. I know that the chapter is a bit shorter than my other ones, but I will make it up to you guys!  ( I PROMISE ;) )

Questions to you about this chapter:

-What do you think about the bond between James and Richard (Rick)?

- Do we or do we NOT like James?

-What's the deal between Ryan and Ria? Are they having an affair behind Ryan's girlfriend Alyssa's back? They did kiss at April's house, remember? What about that...?

-Where is Alyssa? Is she actually sick or has is something to do with April's realistic dream?

AS ALWAYS: PLEASE DON'T BE A GHOST READER :( LET'S BE FRIENDS ( actual friends or just follow for follow etc. YOU CHOOSE :D ) ALSO: VOTE IF YOU LIKED THIS CHAPTER AND COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS ON IT AS WELL!

CRITICISM IS ACCEPTED AND I'LL TRY TO REPLY ASAP ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ!!

xx (ღ˘⌣˘),

Arshiiax3.