Chapter 4 - Realistic Dream

[ Chapter 4 - Realistic Dream ]

I started to breathe heavily as I woke up. Everything that had happened between me and Ryan, had not actually happened. I had dreamt the whole scene. When I realized this, I calmed a bit. But the thought that this dream was so realistic scared me. What if Ryan would get that angry with me at a certain point? What if he would friend-break-up with me? What will I do when Ryan confesses to have other feelings than friendship for me? What will I do then?

I felt a warm hand on my shoulder and the over-thinking in my head stopped. 

"Did you have a nightmare again, April?" Ryan asked. 

I put my hand on his and closed my eyes."When did you come here?" I asked as if he had not just asked me something. Ryan figured that I didn't want to talk about it, so he played along with me.

"To be honest, I did not come here five minutes after our phone call... I came half an hour later than planned ,because I had run into an old friend of mine."

Ryan grabbed a chair and put it beside my bed. He sat on it and I managed to sit straight up on my bed without any difficulties. We sat like this for a moment and it wasn't awkward at all. It never was awkward between the two of us. 

I had to break the silence, though: "What's the time? Oh my god we're late! We had to be at Alyssa's like three hours ago! She's going to kill me. Uh, what excuses do we have? No, we should tell her the truth. She's one of my best friends and your girlfriend.

"Chill out April Jane..." He said with a cheeky smile on his face. I grabbed a pillow from my bed a threw it towards his face, but as the smooth kid he is, he caught pillow with ease. He started to laugh and I joined him.

"Uh Alyssa got sick... Stella had called me right after our phone call and she told me that Alyssa's mom had assured her that we shouldn't be worried because it's nothing serious and that she''ll be better in a few days."

"Did I talk in my sleep or did Stella actually call you about Alyssa?" I asked, because this sounded way too familiar to me.

"No you didn't... Why?" He looked at me and I saw that he was hiding something from me. I knew that I must have said his name or something. But he wouldn't admit it because he knew that if I wanted to talk about it, I would've just told him. And because he's my best friend, I decided to tell him that I had dreamt about Alyssa having a fever.

"Wow, that's pretty scary... Do you think you can like look into my future as well now? Oh my god, here, read my hand!" He said with a twinkle in his eyes. He acted like he was a child again who had just gotten a new toy or something. 

I laughed. "No of course I can't look into your future and I can't read hands either, stupid."

He scratched his neck and said with some attitude: "I.. I knew that."

"Hahaha, of course you did!" I laughed at his childish behaviour.

"I think I had some kind of realistic dream... I read in some magazine that some people fall in sleep right after sensing strong emotions. I think that happened to me today." I said while remembering my dream. 

And to my surprise, I wasn't getting anxious. Ryan was the reason behind this I think.  

I got up from my bed and hugged Ryan from behind. He was startled by my unexpected hug, but then he hugged me back.

"And why did I earn this big hug from you?" he asked with a friendly smile.

"Just because you're.. you. And I'm thankful for having you as my best friend, Ryan."

"Okay, okay, that's enough emotions for today! Man, I liked you better when you were asleep," he said while playfully rolling with his eyes.

"So  since crashing at Alyssa's place is of the list... We should watch a movie," I said.

"Sure. I'll just crash here at your place!" He blew a kiss at me and this time I rolled my eyes.

Ryan went to my computer and searched for a movie for us to watch. As he was doing this, I told him which movies we were definitely NOT going to watch.

Suddenly we saw a navy blue car parking in front of my house. We stood in front of my window to see who it was. Since everyone of my family was currently in the house, this had to be someone else. And we weren't expecting anyone.

 A/N:

I know that this part is a bit short, but I thought why not just upload a part right now... Since this part had been stuck in my head for weeks.

DON'T FORGET TO FAN, LIKE AND COMMENT ༼ つ ◕⌣ ◕ ༽つ!!

Love,

 Arshiiax3