Chapter 2 - Burning questions and confusing feelings

[ Chapter 2 - Burning questions and confusing feelings ]

James was smiling at me. Why was he smiling? Probably because I looked like a retarded horse while I made those faces. I asked Alyssa and Stella if I really made some faces which made me look stupid, because I had to be sure if that was the reason why James smiled, He wasn't just smiling actually. He had this look in his eyes. Almost as if he knew something. Maybe about me or about Ryan. 

Ryan's words kept repeating itself in my head. Maybe I was making a big deal out of it. But I wasn't acting any different at that moment. I'm always the weird potato in school, especially around my friends. I tried to shake the thought off but failed miserably. I decided to call Ryan, but I promised myself that I wouldn't ask Ryan about me being obvious that day in the theater hall. I called Ryan and he answered after the second ring.

"Good morning April Jane." 

"Morning Ryan. I uhh.. I called you because I wanted to know if you were coming to Alyssa's house as well tonight."

I didn't even know why I asked Ryan this, Of course he was also coming to Alyssa's house. 

"Wow... There sure is something wrong with you." Ryan said in a surprised voice.

"Why would there be anything wrong with me?" I asked in a even more surprised voice.

"Well, first because I called you April Jane and we both know that you don't want me to call you by your middle name as well. And that's because you want to call me as well by my first and middle name but that's impossible because I don't have a middle name..."

"Yeah, well maybe I'm just in a good mood today, Ryan. And what would be the second reason why there is something wrong with me?"

"You asked me if I was planning to come to Alyssa's, when you know that I am and that I'm picking you up at seven to go with me like always..."

Right.'Like always'. We always went together when we went to Alyssa's. It's just that it had been while that we had those fun nights at Alyssa's. We always watched movies or ordered some good food and talked about the most random things. It had been a busy year. 

"April, are you still there?" 

"Yeah..."

"You know what? I"m coming over to your place. You really need my company right now. I mean, how did you survive this long without me coming to your house almost everyday?! See you in 15 minutes, April Jane..." And with that have said Ryan hung up on me.

**********************************************************************************************

"You're lying, April. You're even blushing!" said Ryan with teasing voice.

"No, I'm not lying! I really wasn't thinking about that until now. And I don't even know what you meant when you said that to me."

Ryan asked me if I had been thinking about that day in the theater hall. I told him that I had not, but I had. Thinking about that day gave me goosebumps. And there was no reason for that, because he was just teasing me. At least, that's what I thought. Ryan has been my best friend for 8 years and he always teased me for almost everything. But this somehow felt different.

"If you want know what I meant, why don't you just ask me, April Jane...?" Ryan started to walk towards the wall where I was standing. But he wasn't walking to any of the spots next to me. He walked towards me with a look in his eyes. It wasn't one of the looks which you can see in James' eyes. No, this was something else. He looked... Angry? 

I was getting nervous and a bit scared. I'd known Ryan for a long time, but he had never looked at me like that. I knew that Ryan sometimes could get really angry at someone for no reason if he was having a bad day or anything. But he wasn't having a bad day, I didn't make him mad for any reason, I think and he would never get angry for no reason at me. He knows that I understand his feelings. But yet he was looking angry at me. 

He wasn't saying anything and I wasn't planning to do either because I didn't want to make him any madder at me for saying the wrong words at that time. Fortunately, he decided to break the silence and the look in his eyes had changed back to the charming look he always had on his face. I know that he is my best friend, but Ryan is a good-looking guy.

Before he spoke, he came to stand even closer to me than he was already standing. He put  his hands on my shoulders and looked me deep in my eyes. "If things were different at this time,this would have been too. But you shouldn't be over-thinking about this though. I know what you're feeling. I feel the same about all of this. I'm sorry if I just scared the hell out of you when I know about your anxiousness. But I had to see your reaction just once. No, I wasn't being funny. I'm serious about this. And now that I have seen that you were so scared of me at that moment, I just hate myself for doing that to you. I'm sorry, April..." 

Ryan's eyes had still never left mine and he came closer and closer to me until there was almost no space left between us. He smelled amazing. Without thinking, I put my hand on his chest. I could feel his heart beat even faster than mine. I knew that if something happened at that moment, things would be even more confusing than they already were. Ryan leaned in and my breath got caught in my throat. I was feeling guilty because Ryan is Alyssa's boyfriend and my best friend. But in that moment, I felt safe and comfortable. That wasn't supposed to be like that. I didn't want to do that to Alyssa.

Luckily, Ryan didn't kiss me on the lips, but on the cheek. But this wasn't one of those friendly cheek kisses. It was very gentle and it took a lot longer before his lips left my cheek.

A/N:

So this chapter was just about April and Ryan... But I have my reasons! So don't judge based on these two chapters :)

VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE. I'D LOVE TO GET SOME FEEBACK, SO I KNOW THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY READING THIS STORY (ღ˘⌣˘)ᶫᵒᵛᵉᵧₒᵤ 

**EXTRA....**

AUTHOR'S QUESTIONS TO THE READERS:

What do you think about Ryan's anger and his vague behaviour? And what would be the reason that Ryan has these anger issues and that April is anxious sometimes?

Arshiiax3.