Chapter 6 - A little kindness goes a long way

A/N:

This chapter is dedicated to the one and only @SuNsEtsTaR99  ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

 [ Chapter 6 - A little kindness goes a long way ]

- James' P.O.V. (The flashback day)

The rain was pouring like there wasn't going to be a tomorrow. It wasn't storming, it was actually pretty calming the the way it rained. School was over for today and I walked from street to street. I wasn't sure were I was going. I was so frustrated. When we talk it's like she hates me, but when we talk over messages or social media she is like the best person I've ever met. I can't seem to figure out why she acts like this in real life. I know that there are some days when she acts so cute... Strangers will think that she is quiet or maybe even arrogant, but she's the total opposite of that. She is really nice. She sometimes acts bitchy, but that's no problem. It's the anxiety of hers that causes her to not be able to have self-confidence sometimes when she actually really needs it. Especially at our school. If she was nice all the time people would use her and she would get hurt all the time. I don't think she deserves that... 

Man, what am I thinking? When did I become such a loser?! I'm acting so soft lately. It's because of her and I know that. But the way I think about her is not a lie. Still, I got this feeling in me... Guilt. I did use her myself. I don't want anyone to hurt her, but the way I'm acting... I'm hurting her myself. I know that she has some weakness for me. Like, why wouldn't she? I'm one piece of cute sexiness.

I texted her yesterday asking her if she had made her book report. She had told me that she was still busy with making hers. I think she got to know me a bit, because she knew what I was aiming for. I was in need of a ready-made book report. Because, nobody has got time to read books and make a report for it also, right? She promised that she would send me a book report which she would make for me. I knew it wasn't right to ask her such thing. But hey, I really needed that report and since she was so nice to make one for me, why would I say no then? Plus, she's an A-student which meant that my, I mean the report that she had made for me, would be amazingly good.

And it was.

*** The day after the text messages***

As I handed the report, the teacher looked doubtful at me. The teacher knows me too well, I guess. Luckily, the teacher just shrugged and she wrote on the report that I had gotten a sufficient grade. She was sitting in her seat, the seat which is right in front of the board. I could feel her eyes in my back. Not that she was glaring at me, but she was staring. She sooo has a crush on me. I turned toward her and winked as I said thanks. She started to smile cutely, as if she was about to get her red cheeks. Blushing because of me. This wouldn't be the first time that it would happen. I walked to her table and whispered: "Thanks, I love you..." I smirked, turned around and walked to my own table. I left her at her table, blushing and with lots of questions. I loved to tease her now and then. It had gotten to be a thing between us.

That's what happened in class. What happened after that, made me furious. When the bell had rung, I wanted to leave as quick as I could because I wanted to play some soccer at the field outside with some boys. But the teacher called me back. She said that she had taken one more look at my report and that she saw some mistakes and that there were some things missing also. I thought that the teacher  was kidding, because when she had handed in hers, the teachers face lit up and she said that she was proud of her. My report is like almost the same as hers! But I couldn't say that to her.

*** Back to the flashback day ***

My phone vibrated. I took a look at it, but I couldn't read what was written on the screen because of the rain that fell on my phone as well. I went to stand under a roof of a random house so that I could read who had sent me a message and what was written in it.