Chapter 10 - Where we stand now

A/N:

HEY GUYS GUESS WHO'S BACK?! ME! ^-^ So I haven't been active for like 3 months or so and I have so missed this. Writing and reading here on Wattpad. For the ones wondering what I've been up to, I've been so busy with school. Mostly exams. Also, my head has been full of random thoughts and lots of ideas for my books. The stressing part comes in when I realized that I literally had no time at all to write just a little. My teachers had piled up so many exams at once, that I'm still shocked about the fact that I'm mentally stable at the moment. JK. I'm exaggerating. OK, the good part about all of this: IT'S FINALLY SUMMER HOLIDAY!! Which means that I have a bunch of time to write, read and post comments and random stuff :3 Oh, one more thing: should I stop the changing POV? I will try to only write in April's P.O.V. as that is the one that has been liked by the majority of you. That's it, enough with this blabbering. Happy reading! :D

[ Chapter 10 - Where we stand now ]

- Stella's P.O.V. (short)

I'm stuck with questions about the possible affair and Ryan is driving me home angrily yet safe. When we finally reach my home I don't greet him or say thanks. This day has been exhausting and I just want to sleep a bit. April is not the only one needing a lot of rest at the moment. She is my best friend and I should be more understanding, but all I can think about right now is Ryan. What's the deal with all these boys? 

Ryan honks twice to get my attention, to get me to turn around and wave at him or even go back and hug him. Not today boy. Just not today-... The honking continued and this time it went on.  Although I promised myself not do so, I turn around. Only to see that Ryan has left and that it was not him who was honking. Some guy was trying to get the neighbors' cat of the street and he was failing. Here I was being thankful for amazing friends and Ryan just left without saying a thing. How ironic. 

- April's P.O.V.

The more I tossed and turned my body, the more I couldn't get myself to sleep. All I could think about were James and Ryan. I had not forgotten the fact that Ryan and Ria kissed each other in my house. I can't get mad at him because he's always been there for me. I just hope he can explain all that happened today. But I'm more than sure that I'm not the only one who is confused about a lot of things that occurred on this day. Stella is probably  overthinking about me and James. And honestly, I don't even know myself what's going on with the two of us. I know that I feel attracted to him, but does he like me the way I like him? Today I saw two sides of him. One that came over to my house to borrow my brother's camera and acted really coldly toward me and one that seemed also attracted to me and made me feel like I belonged to him without having an official relationship status. That last one is way too good to be true, but I won't ask James about it. I had a great time with him today and I should accept that.  James is the last subject that crosses my mind before I finally fall asleep. 

*****************************************************************************************************

After a two hour nap I slowly wake up. "Are you awake April-Jane?" I jump up when I hear Ryan's voice. This is the second time that he's there when I wake up. "Yeah, I am."

"You seem alright again. Did you have enough rest?" I nod at his question and start tugging on my clothes.

"Oh, yeah, you can change if you want. I'll just go downstairs pour myself some orange juice or something. Come join me when you're ready?" I nod again as I can not say a word at the moment. I'm not tired or anything anymore, my mind is just blank. Ryan winks at me and leaves my room. I stand up from the bed and walk towards my closet. Nothing catches my attention, nothing in my closet seems as cozy as I want to wear. I remember that Ryan has some  clothes in my spare drawer, so I decide to take a look at them. I find myself grabbing some sport trousers and an ultra soft hoodie. This one he is never going to get back. I laugh at my self, knowing that I'm really not giving it back. 

Wearing Ryan's clothes, I walk downstairs. Ryan lies on the couch while he's playing some game.  A lot of Ryan's stuff is at our place as he is here most of the time. He also has the keys of the house. My parents trust Ryan and they think it's good that he has keys for when something happens to me or when I get an attack and there is no one that can get to me as quick as possible. Beside the serious part he just doesn't like being at his own place. He can't get along with his dad and his mom works a lot so he doesn't get to see her that often. He only has one half-brother whom he loves, but also doesn't get to see that much because he lives with his own mother. 

I let myself fall next to Ryan, onto the couch. He keeps his eyes plastered on the screen but I know that he has noticed me.  I silently sigh and look at the bright screen. "Should I stop playing?" he asks and I want to tell him yes, but I also don't want him to end his game just because of me. "Nah, I'm just going to lie here on the opposite of you. But if you don't mind please talk about something." 

"Of course. But I want to give my best friend all of my attention. So, goodnight Far Cry 4..." He turned of the console and turned on his back so he could see me as he spoke. "Rick is back. I guess our group is whole again." He smiled slightly and waited for me to say something. While I was pinching one of the socks he was wearing, I smiled back at him. "Yes, it is. I hope Stella is okay with this. I don't think that James has anything to do with the fact that she wanted to be driven home by you instead of him. I would be shocked too." Ryan moves his foot and I can tell by the way he is laying so restless that my pinching in his sock is making him feel tickled. This makes me overdo the pinching as I know my best friend's weakness. "Stop! April I beg  you-... Hahah- Sto- stop!" Ryan laughs so hard and tosses with his body that we both end up lying on the floor. "Ow... My butt hurts..." I say and I'm laughing just as hard as Ryan. My butt feels really sore.I fell on Ryan's legs and those hurt like Lego pieces under your feet.  "Your butt hurts? What about my legs? I'm sure they are green by now. Are you made of steel or something, girl?" I hit him on both of his legs because of his comment. 

When we're both almost done laughing Ryan asks me about James. "So are you guys like... A thing now? I mean, if you are... He wouldn't like us being the way we are right now, would he?" I look at him and I'm trying to find the right words to answer him with, but somehow they're nowhere to find. "Look, don't get mad when I say this, okay? But, I'd rather not have the two of you dating. He seems like he is two persons. One time he has this whole cold big guy act going on and the other time he is a good guy who is all over you", he says and lowers his face. Not in a sad way or angry, but emotionless. I get up from his legs and I hear Ryan whining to himself. What a crybaby. I stretch out my arm in his direction, helping him to also get up. "It's nothing serious, mister 'I'm so protective of my April-Jane'!" I say as I punch him in his side. "Oh yeah? Than he sure as hell wouldn't mind me doing this!" He picks me up from the ground and gives me one of his teddy bear hugs. How much I've missed his hugs. So warm yet so super tight. I shouldn't be comparing my best friend to James, but this feels better. A lot more comfy... A feeling like home. He slowly puts me down again but doesn't release me from his hug. "Can we just stay like this for a while, please? This feels too good and I'm not ready to let go yet." I chuckle in his chest. "Sure..."