Chapter 1- I'm Dan

(This fanfic's timeline is right after the school festival)

It was a sunny and colorful day like any other at kazehaya high school, Naoto was at the usual art club, casually sketching his usual drawings on a canvas; for some reason, Nagatoro wasn't there, which made Naoto worried, Nagatoro would never fail an opportunity to be with her senpai, but, as he was thinking about that, he suddenly heard the door slide open.

"Y-you took a while today Nagato-" said Naoto before he realized that it wasn't Nagatoro who slid the door, it was a guy, around the same age as him, with a pointy hairstyle and blue eyes.

"Naoto?" Said the guy with a confused mind
"I should have known it was you who I would find here".
"Excuse me but, do we know each other?" Said Naoto confused.
"Don't tell me you don't know your classmates from your class?" Said the student
"Sorry about that, I usually don't get along with other people," said Naoto avoiding looking at the student.
"Fine, this makes things easier actually, I'm Dan Ono and as I mentioned I am from the same class as you, pleased to meet you," said Dan, keeping things easy.
"Y-yeah, so what brings you here?" said Naoto adjusting his glasses.
"I saw some paintings at the school festival and kinda wanted to see who made those paintings, didn't expect it was you tho"

Naoto started thinking that this guy was here just to make fun of him, and if things would end up worse, Nagatoro could get involved and he wants to avoid that.

"Those were some fine paintings, I haven't seen one of those in a long time."
Said the student as a small smile appeared on his face.
"So, let's get to the point," he said with an even bigger smile that could barely make his teeth visible
"Wha-? T-t-t to the point?!" Said naoto frustrated, this is it, the trouble will begin."I want to join this art club" he said as he pointed his thumb to his face.

"W-what? You wanna join the art club?" Asked Naoto surprised, he was expecting the worse, it seems he was wrong, also no one ever told him those words before which made him get surprised even more.
"Haha. Why are you so surprised? Did no one ever say this to you?" Dan said with a small laugh.
"Yes, it's the first time that someone told me that, however, I'm not the one who can decide if you can join the art club" Naoto responded.
"I see, then who must I speak to join the art club?"
"You gotta talk to president Sana, she just appears when she wants to, so I guess you have to be lucky," Naoto said.
"President Sana huh? That must be the woman that made that nudist art and got disqualified from the festival, am I right?" Said Dan as Naoto closed his eyes from embarrassment.
"Y-yes, that's her" as Naoto kept his eyes closed.

Suddenly, as Dan was about to respond, they heard the door slide as a voice that Naoto recognized came along.

"SENPAI, SORRY IM...late..." said Nagatoro losing her happiness as she saw that her senpai wasn't alone.
"Who are you?" She said with a menacing tone, looking at Dan with a rage stare, like she usually uses when Gamo took things too far. It seems nagatoro got the same idea as Naoto coincidently as if their minds were connected in some way.

"whoa, calm down little girl, I'm not here causing trouble," said Dan as he showed his palm of hands trying to calm Naga down.
"Nagatoro, don't worry, he isn't here to bully me," said Naoto trying to calm naga down as well.
"W-What? Bully you? Of course not, I'm not that kind of person!"
Meanwhile, Gamo and Yoshi walk through the art club as well. As Dan made visual contact with gamo, he seemed like his brain stopped working, just staring at gamo with a serious face.

W-what is this feeling? was the only thing Dan could think before he was interrupted by Naga.
"Hey, hey, you, are you listening?" Said nagatoro pulling Dan's shirt and Dan replied with his hand on his forehead:
"Oh sorry, it felt like my brain stopped working for a few seconds there, hahaha. Anyways, who are these girls Naoto? Are they art club students as well?"