Smile ~ P.P

Short
YOUR POV
You weren't really popular in school. You went unnoticed by half of the kids every day unless they bumped into you while walking in the hallway. But for the people who did know you, they knew you from the clubs you were in. Any club you could think of that would fit on a transcript, you were in it. From student government, student ambassador, to drama club, or even yearbook. You just found yourself with a lot of free time on your hands, so you decided to join as many clubs in the school as possible.

The club you enjoyed the most was Yearbook. You loved taking pictures, and you finally had an excuse to take some during school. Senior year was coming to an end within the next couple of months, and the yearbook club was running around trying to capture as many pictures of the seniors as possible. You attended the last games and rallies for the sports teams, you attended any competition with the decathlon team or any other academic clubs, and you just took pictures highlighting their best moments.

Today you were in the cafeteria, retaking pictures for those who were not able to take the senior pictures at the beginning of the year. They had cleared the space of the usual lunch tables and set up a whole background and photoshoot scene just for it. You were such a great photographer that the school chose to have you take the Senior Portraits to save money instead of hiring a professional photographer for hundreds of dollars. Although it was a lot of work for you to take the pictures and then edit them for those who didn't like them, you didn't mind because you were getting paid, and it gave you an excuse to talk to your crush, Peter Parker, today.

He had rescheduled his session, along with a couple of other students since, on the original day for the photos, an emergency came up last minute. Of course, it was none of your business to question what this emergency was, but you did find it rather suspicious since it happened just minutes before he was supposed to come in.

As he walked into the cafeteria, fixing his collar to look presentable, you couldn't help but let a small smile creep onto your face. You were more than happy to see him, even if it would be for a few minutes. He slid onto the stool chair stationed in the middle of the room with the blue background behind it.

"Are you ready this time, Parker?" you asked, trying to make a joke. He chuckled and then squirmed around in the chair.

"Yeah, I promise, no emergency this time." You grabbed the camera from its stand beside you and positioned it to face Peter. You glanced into the camera lens and focused it on him. As you looked through it, you figured you should fix him up a little bit since he looked like he had just come back from a marathon.

"Wait. Let me fix your hair a little bit," you said as you walked up to him. You ran your hands through his hair a bit, maneuvering it to the side. You fixed a little curl that was on top of his head, poking out above the rest, and then slightly patted it down so it wasn't too "puffy."

You walked back to where you were and picked up the camera again, looking into it for the shot. He was picture-ready.

"Okay, smile!" you told him, and he did so right away. You pressed the button on the camera to take the picture, and a second later, a flash went off and snapped the picture. You repeated the motion a few more times so that he could have a few options to choose from. When you finished, you walked up to him and showed him the results, scrolling through the options for him. In the midst of it, you found yourself distracted by his beautiful smile, and your thoughts rolled off your lips.

"Wow, you have a cute smile," you said as a smile started to creep onto your face. You looked towards him, sitting in the small stool chair beside you, and he smiled at you. He kind of made you nervous, but you were trying so hard to keep it professional.

"You have a cute smile too," he replied.

"Thank you. Do you like any of these, or do you want to do another pose just for a backup?" He shook his head.

"No, it's fine. I like this one," he said, then pointed at one of the pictures that you had shown him. You nodded, then walked to the other side of the stool where you had your setup. He got off the chair and came to stand beside you.

"Okay, so you get to choose an edit for free, whether it's to make your teeth brighter, hair lighter, background darker, whatever. Then, we finalize the photos, and you should get a copy in at least two to three weeks."

"That sounds good. Would you recommend anything?"

"For you," you glanced at the photo again. It was too cute to try and edit it to make it look better. "Maybe we could add a filter? Like a cream color, so it doesn't take away anything from the original."

"Yeah, I think the filter would be nice," he agreed.

"Cool," you said, then took the drive out of the camera and plugged it into the computer sitting at the station. You uploaded the pictures from the camera and scrolled until you saw the one that Peter had picked out.

"So, (Y/N)-" Peter started, but you were too excited to hear him say your name to let him finish. You averted your eyes from your computer screen.

"You know my name?" you chuckled a bit.

"How wouldn't I know the name of the most talented person in this school?" he replied, and your stomach did cartwheels. Most talented was an overstatement. Sure, you dabbled in a little bit of everything, but to say you were the most talented was more than you would say for yourself.

"No way, you are just being nice," you told him. He shook his head, then tucked his hands in his pockets.

"It's the truth," you smiled at him and almost froze as you took in his appearance. Why did it feel like you were seeing him in a new light right now? You dragged your eyes back to the computer screen to finish editing his picture.

"You're such a flirt, Peter," you muttered. You finished his edits and then started walking around to start setting up your camera for another shoot. He followed right behind.

"So... I was wondering if you would like to go out with me. Like on a date? Tonight?" Peter asked as his hands remained in his pockets. You almost froze for a second. No way in your life was Peter asking you out right now. Sure, you had a little crush on him, but you'd been trying so hard to suppress it because the two of you were barely even friends. All you did was follow each other on Instagram. But you could not miss out on a chance like this.

"Sure, I'd love to," you said, then smiled at him. He smiled back. As you were about to ask him what time or what the plan was, you heard footsteps come into the room, and you didn't even have to look up to know who it was.

"Move it, Penis Parker. I need (Y/N) to get a real good shot of me," Flash said as he fully stepped into the room and walked towards the stool in the middle of the room. Peter frowned a little out of embarrassment, and you nudged him in the arm.

"Pick me up at 8?" you asked, and his smile quickly came back.

"I can do 8."