Inconsiderate ~P.P

Enjoy this (s)crap
YOUR POV
You could already tell he was going to be disappointed. As you rushed to get to the bus stop on time, you cursed at yourself for not charging your phone at the coffee shop. You couldn't even call or text him to tell him you were on your way.

You were supposed to meet Peter at the amusement park for your date this week. You had some time before you two had to meet, so you decided to catch up on some work you were missing. You were so focused on your work that it slipped your mind you had to meet him 30 minutes ago.

When you realized you were running late, you quickly packed your bags and bolted out the door, forgetting to even charge your phone as you were working. You reached the bus stop on time as the next bus pulled up. You get on, rushing past the driver as you even forget to pay, hoping Peter would still be waiting when you got there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The bus pulled up in front of the amusement park, it being one of its main stops. You glance around a bit, not seeing Peter anywhere until you caught a figure in a hoodie. You smiled as you saw Peter standing by the entrance gates waiting for you. You contemplated what you should say when you reached him. Should you explain or just let him get the first word in?

"Why are you so late?" He spoke up when he saw your figure approaching him. He had a frown on his face, and it was evident that he was not happy with you right now. Your smile quickly dropped.

"Uh, I got caught up doing some work. My phone died, so I couldn't call to let you know I was still on my way."

"I think we should just go home." He says, looking down at his feet, then plays with his foot on the ground, drawing small circles.

"What why?" You made an effort to come, even though you knew you would be late, and he didn't even want to be there anymore?

"(Y/N), the park is going to close soon. I don't think it's worth being here for a couple of minutes." You sigh and tuck your hands into your pockets.

"Are you mad at me?" You mumbled out to him.

"Isn't it obvious?" He sounded more frustrated now rather than disappointed, but you were too. Instead of suggesting the two of you do something else, he just wanted to part ways and go home. It didn't seem like he ever wanted to spend the night with you at all anymore.

"For what? I'm late to one date, and all of a sudden I'm the bad guy? I tried Peter, I did, and if you don't want to stay here that's fine. I feel like we should at least do something else." You suggest, he slyly dismisses it.

"(Y/N), it was our date, how could you possibly forget about that?" He retorts. You mentally roll your eyes at him.

"Don't start Peter." You scoff.

"What am I starting?"

"You're being hypocritical, as always." You recall a few moments where he had done the same thing that happened tonight.

"No, I'm not." He says then scoffs at you.

"Oh, so you're telling me that it's okay for you to go out on missions and miss multiple dates, but the second I'm late to one, it's suddenly a problem?" You blurt out at him. He had always done this. Missing a date here and there, saying he was on a mission. You understood that aspect of his life, but it was all he was doing nowadays. He had to dedicate some time for you too.

"I'm out saving the world (Y/N), so yes if I miss a date it's for a good reason. I'm not saying that your work isn't important, but if we're comparing excuses," Your eyes go wide. You couldn't believe what he was saying.

Maybe it was because he was a bit angry at you, but it was not an excuse. There was a sting in your chest, and you could already tell that you wanted to cry. You didn't even want to be here anymore, not with this version of him. You take a deep breath before speaking softly.