Yours~ T.H

YOUR POV
You weren't jealous. There was no way you were. You weren't even the jealous type so why would you be jealous now? It's just that you hated them spending time together. You hated how he would go to her whenever she called saying that she needed him to come. You hated how she would touch his shoulder whenever she laughed at his jokes. They were friends before the two of you even got together but you just hate how close they were. Yet, here you were, sitting in your apartment with her, with Vanessa.

You're a college student, sophomore year, and you had rented an apartment with your boyfriend Tom earlier this year. The two of you met a bit before freshman year when they were doing orientations. Things just clicked from there and you've been 2 years strong.

You knew Tom and Vanessa were friends for a while and you didn't mind, that was until she transferred to your college this year and started to hang out with Tom every time she got. Here you were today, trying to study for some upcoming tests and Tom asks if she could come over. You didn't want to seem rude so you told him it was okay when it wasn't.

"Baby?" Tom's voice snaps you out of your thoughts. You were zoning out.

"Uh?" You asked him.

"Were you listening?" You feel yourself blush with embarrassment as you shake your head

"No, sorry."

"Vanessa wants to know if it's okay for me to go with her to her cousin's wedding this Saturday." You arched your brows, being confused why she needed to ask your permission for that.

"Why do you need my permission?" You ask Tom but Vanessa answered instead.

"Well, I don't want you to think I'm stealing your man." She says then laughs, touching Tom's hand in the process. He chuckles at her attempt at a joke and you stare at him with a blank face. Was she serious? You didn't want to be that girlfriend but the signs were there and you did not want to fall for it. However, you trusted Tom. You trusted him with your whole heart and knew he wouldn't do anything to hurt you.

"Ha," You say sarcastically when their laugher subsided. "He can go if he wants, it doesn't matter to me."

"Good! You're more than welcome to join." Vanessa told you.

"Are you sure that's okay?" You asked.

"Of course, you're always invited whenever the two of us hang out." She replies. You chuckled, then brought your eyes back to the book in your hand.

"It doesn't seem like it." You mumbled. You were a bit irritated now, not on purpose, but you just couldn't help your feelings. You place the book beside you on the couch and get up to walk over to the kitchen, pretending to grab something from the refrigerator.

"Well, I'm gonna get going," Vanessa says before standing up and grabbing her books and placing them into her bag.

"You sure? You can stay longer if you'd like." Tom suggests. You mentally throw up.

"I'm good Tom, I'll just see you on Saturday okay?" She says. You pull your head out of the fridge in time to see them do their handshake. She looks in your direction and you force a small smile on your face.

"I'll see you around (Y/N)." She tells you before turning around to unlock your door and head out. You sigh once she leaves, being a bit glad you didn't have to keep up the happy act. You grab a glass from the cabinet and place it on the table, ready to pour yourself a cup I juice. Tom gets up from the couch and makes his way to you.

"Is something wrong?" Tom asked as he approached you in the kitchen. You glance at him before bringing your attention back to the glass. You pour the juice and then glance at him again.

"No, I'm fine." You tell him then take a sip of the drink you poured. He sighs, knowing you were lying. He grabs the glass, as you finish drinking it, and places it back on the counter.

"No you're not babe, I know you." He says then walks behind you. His arms wrap around your waist and he places his chin in the crook of your neck.

"Come on." He says. He tilts his head so you can see him a bit. You sigh again before telling him.

"It's clear that she likes you, Tom." You slightly whisper. You hear a chuckle and then it's silent before he speaks.

"What?" He says then laughs again. You arch your eyebrows, obviously missing what the joke was. You were being dead serious and he was laughing at you. You pull yourself away from him a bit and turn around to face him.

"What are you laughing at?" You asked being confused. He smirks.

"You (Y/N). I'm laughing at you."

"Tom!" You say then slap his arm lightly. He continued to laugh a bit more until his eyes dropped to you again, realizing he didn't explain himself.

"Vanessa isn't into me (Y/N), she's gay. Plus, she has a girlfriend." He says after calming down his soft laughs. Your eyes go wide in embarrassment at his statement. You did not see any of the signs.

"Huh? She's gay?" You repeat to make sure you heard him correctly.

"Yes babe, Vanessa is gay. I promise, you have nothing to worry about."

"But she doesn't look like she's gay... you're always spending time with her... and she's so touchy with you."

"Do I not spend enough time with you darlin'?" He asks and you feel bad for suspecting him in the first place.

"No, no, no, you do spend enough time with me but it's just, I-"

"I'm yours okay? I'll always be yours. I'm sorry if I made it seem like she was into me. I'll tell her to let me spend time more with you if you want."

"No no, it's okay. You don't have to apologize, I was in the wrong. I should have asked or talked to you before." You admit, frowning a bit.

"It's okay babe, it just means you love me." He says then smirks again.
_____________________________
I hope you guys don't misinterpret this chapter but I'm just trying to let people understand that a person doesn't have to look or act a certain way to be gay. This happens to my friend so much and I feel so bad for her.