Ch:03 • Rebuked

Naira's pov:
I was lost, thinking about something...rather someone. I just saw him yesterday but it feels like we know eachother, he made me so comfortable at night, as if he knew how I was freaking inside. He has a caring side. Maybe no one has seen it...or he doesn't show it to everyone. But he showed it to me. Why? I don't know! Not to forget, his appearance, he looked no less than a prince in that golden sherwani.
His generic orbs, they were so luring.
No further thinking about him! I scolded my mind.
I finished wearing my saree and tied the dori behind my blouse. No husband appearing from nowhere and helping the wife by romancin-...oops...I mean doing the honours like movies and fictions...reality sucks Naira! I kept blabbering to my self.

I came down to see Swarna aunty in the kitchen. Although she's not Kartik's real mom she has always been nice to me.
I almost entered the kitchen. Almost, I repeat...
"Ruk jao!"

An authoritative voice echoed in my ears.
It was his dadi. She stopped me from entering the kitchen?
Did I upset her or something?

"Tameez naam ki cheez hai ki nahi?!" She sounded livid.

"Yahi seekha hai apne ghar mein?!" I was still not getting what she was trying to say.

"Kahin ki maharani ho? Nahi jaanti ki rasoi mein chappal pehenkar nahi jaate?"
Ohh...now I get it.

"Aur aap! Swarna ji! Kripya karke apni iss nalayak bahu ko kuch sikhaiye!" Swarna aunty was standing with a sad, helpless expression. I felt bad for her.

"Pata nahi maa-baap ne kitna sar pe chadhaya hua hai! Ab sasural walo ko iske nakhre uthane padenge!"

I was trying to be cool but dadi spoke about my family, about my upbringing and...my parents...I know they kind of traded me to this family for their business...but they were still my parents and I was still their daughter. And moreover, Kartik seems to be a nice guy.
By now everyone in the house came down. Kartik's dad and his chachu-chachi I mean. She kept insulting me till I cried.
Pov ends.
_________________________