Ch:27 • Returning Him His Life

'"Naira!" He gasped shockingly.

She limped two or three steps but as soon as she saw him she ran into him.
He took her into a bone-crushing hug.

After 15 minutes of sobbing and sniffing she released him, but he wrapped his arm around her again and pulled her in another hug.

He put his head on her shoulder, holding her securely. She felt her sleeve damp.

It was the result of his tears.

He thanked the lord a millionth time for sending her back.

She held his face and made him look into her eyes.

For a second, he thought he was dreaming again. He touched her face then her shoulder to feel her presence.

He saw her dress material torn near her hip. He looked at her face again and noticed a cut on her forehead. Her hand held a wound too.

Kartik looked so furious at that time, like he would dig the flesh out of the person who did this to his love.

"Kisne kiya Naira?" He was seething in anger. Her puffy eyes gave him the answer but he wanted to hear it from her.

"H-Hemant Desai.." she whisper spoke. It was enough for him.

Kartik cupped her face. "Wait for me?"

She didn't understand the emotion on his front. It was anger for Hemant but what for Naira? She remembered Mrs. Sharma's words.

"I know he still feels deeply for you. The way your name was always on the tip of his tongue, the way he tried to cover it up always and the way he still cares for you describes the love he has for you."

She was trying to decipher his feelings when she saw him turning towards the car again.

She held his arm stopping him although she knew he wouldn't unless and until she told him the reason.

"Kartik woh hospital mein hai" she sighed.
___________________