Ch:20 • What Are We?

Naira's pov:
I opened my eyes in an unfamiliar surrounding. I was lying on a king-sized bed. I recollected the incident that made me faint.

I was still in shock, but right now I had to figure out this place. It was an apartment. It was very big compared to my flat.

I could smell a strong perfume. I got up and started to look around with my eyes wide like saucers.

Was I kidnapped by some mafia?! Oh no! I hope woh mujhe bhuka na rakhe...

I had just seen the drawing room and I was about to move inside another room when I hit myself into a wall...A wall?! No it's not a wall...I looked up rubbing my forehead.

Lord save me!
Pov ends.

She was walking aimlessly to the room when she crashed into his chest. When her eyes met his, time stopped.

She wanted to forget everything and embrace him tightly leaving no gap, but the situations aren't favourable. It was a different story for him. He wanted to kill her, but he couldn't. He wanted to kiss her to death, but he couldn't. He could just stare at her with a blank expression.

"Main yaha kaise pohuchi?" She managed to ask.

"Tum yahi rahogi.."

"What??"

"I said tum yahi rahogi...mere ghar mein! Meri biwi banke! Now get out of my sight!" He slammed the door on her face.

She was shocked. He never spoke like that but she obviously deserved it.
What shocked her more was that she was in his house and had to live with him! She couldn't move. What is happening? She just didn't know.

*

Days passed like seconds but every moment was harsh on them.

Being infront of eachother, they barely exchanged words but their eyes conversed. Kartik wanted to torture her but everytime he saw those innocent looks he melted like ice under sun.

He allowed her to work but in his supervision.
She had to cook and clean at home. She never objected, but the silent treatment he was giving was killing her.

None of them brought out the topic of Naira's departure two years back. Kartik thought he knew everything and Naira didn't have the courage to tell him.

A month passed.

"Naira, someone is here to meet you." Susan told her and left.

'Kaun hoga?' She thought and went to see.

A/N; Who is it?🤔
__________________________