Ch:16 • Alive But Not Living

|2 years later|
New York, Manhattan~

He opened the entrance door of his apartment with a thud.

A lavish 3bhk apartment, with a classic black and gray setting, the only person to reside there was him.

He flung the car keys on the drawing room sofa and marched inside another room. The room had dim lights and a single couch.

He sat over and threw his head back resting his lids by closing them. He opened them just to stare at the plain ceiling.

His eyes looked vague, deep inside they held sadness, anger and so many unanswered questions, but there was no one to answer them.

He shifted in New York a year ago leaving everyone and everything aside.

All that was left for him in his family was Naira, but she left him too. She left him with just one note.

Reading it broke his heart but he still waited for her.

There was a bottle and a glass kept on the table. He poured some liquor from it. He picked it up and and smiled in pain.

"You're the only one in my life who will never leave my side!" Kartik drank the whole night.

In the morning he woke up with puffy eyes, seems he had cried to sleep. He freshened up and left for office.

*

It was Naira's first day and she was running here and there in panic.
Kevin was going to drop her.

They sat in the car and Naira started ranting.
"Oh my god I'm so nervous! Why didn't you ask me before saying yes dumb dumb!"

"N...stop calling me that...I have a name."

"Shut up! Do you know how much pressure I feel?!"

"First of all calm down and relax-"

"Relax my foot!"

"Naira stop eating my brain..."

"Do you have one atleast?"

"Ughh! Ok fine you win I lose...but you wouldn't get a better opportunity than this...His company has got a lot of reach and he was the one who hosted that exhibition."

"Exactly! And I don't know whether I will be good or not..."
______________________