Ch:18 • Naira For Real?!

Receiving no response she peeked inside the cabin. There was no sign of anyone inside.

She kept the file on his table and started cursing him, as in her boss.
"Khud mujhe yaha bula ke pata nahi kaun se gufa mein jaa ke baithe hai...yeh bhi kisi sher ke gufa se kam thodi hai kaise kaapte-kaapte pohuchi hu main yaha..."

She came out and went to her desk.

Susan broke her trend of thoughts.
"Hi Naira, actually sir wasn't feeling well so he left. He said that he will check the designs through e-mail. Could you please mail them to him?"
Susan said her piece.

"Yeah that is ok. I will mail them to him immediately."

She sent him the mail on the
company's ID.

*

Kartik was sneezing and coughing vigorously.

He had to check the designs by 5pm.

He was pleased with the creative side of this new designer. He saw the name below one pattern. "Naira?"

He was getting this strange feeling that this is his Naira.
"Nahi nahi yeh woh nahi ho sakti...woh toh chali gayi thi mujhe chhod kar...woh kabhi wapas nahi aayegi...kabhi nahi...woh toh.." Kartik ran his hands through his hair in frustration.

He poured a glass of water for himself to calm down. His hands were shivering. After drinking water he dialled his
P.A. right away to get all the information of the designer he hired without thinking. He had been really impulsive in the past 2 years and it was all Naira's doing.

His cell pinged with a message. It was the info he asked for.
____________________________