Ch:22 • Feelings Never Died

Naira was alone at home and Kartik was at work.

Naira made an excuse by saying that she isn't feeling well and would be fine if she rests.

Kartik was obviously worried, but he did not show. He left for the office again displaying his nonchalant behaviour.

Naira was happy somewhere because he didn't try to get involved. Naira was planning how to pacify Kartik. Meanwhile the doorbell rang.

Naira knew it couldn't be Kartik but she wasn't sure. She looked through the peephole on the door.

It was Kartik's doctor's wife who was also a doctor, they were also their neighbours, not so complicated, right?

A/N; mujhe woh resort mein treasure hunt wala Naira ka dialogue yaad aa gaya😂

She knew her as Kartik's cold was cured by her itself. She let her in.

Naira's heart was at peace, knowing that Kartik is still concerned for her.

Mrs.Sharma asked Naira about her migraine but Naira told her that it's better.

"Naira please don't tell Kartik that I told you about him sending me. Actually he told me to make some stupid excuse to come here but I can't lie to you, seeing the distance between the two of you. Kartik is like my son, although I've not seen him much, I know he still feels deeply for you. The way your name was always on the tip of his tongue, the way he tried to cover it up always and the way he still cares for you describes the love he has for you." Mrs.Sharma's words impacted Naira a lot.

All kinds of thoughts surrounded her. Did he really love her? He doesn't hate her, but love?! Naira felt her heart go heavy.

She had done so much injustice to Kartik. She thought going away from him would bring happiness to his life, she thought dadi would find an ideal partner for him and he would lead a perfect life, but nothing of that sort happened, instead her absence ruined him.

She had to sort this, she had to tell him the truth and let him decide the climax.
______________________