Natsu's curse

Lucy/Yui's POV

"So where were we?" Asked Natsu with an evil glint in his eye."erm........ You were talking about how Lucy left." I replied, suspicious of this new side to him. "Oh yes. I was saying that she was a pathetic little weakling that we were all better off without. Yes indeed the reason that she left the guild was because her sorry little heart couldn't handle being told the truth about her lack of strength, by her most beloved team mates." He stated coldly, as if he were talking me directly. But he didn't know that. Something is definitely up with him, he is acting completely different than two minutes ago, and he was saying something about him not having control over his own thoughts. I defiantly need to get to the bottom of this.

I walked back into the guild ignoring my friends, and headed for the library. Figuring that I would be able to do some research in order to figure out what has happened to Natsu. Most likely it's a type of controlling dark magic that would be quite difficult for even me to de-spell. Whilst searching through book after book, I fan ally came across one titled: dark spells. Deciding to take a look, I opened up the front cover, made sure that nobody was looking and changed to my speed form to allow me to read at an incomprehendable rate. Within seconds I had read the book thourally, but I had no luck in finding any leads on Natsu's case.

After what seemed like hours, I had finally found the answer I had been looking for. It was located in the book of shadow secrets, named darkened soul. This spell involved bringing out the darkness in the targets soal and taking over their body, leaving only there dark side in control, this may also have an effect on those around the cursed one. In order to break the spell, one must take over the mind of the cursed one and expel the shadows shrouding their soal. This takes massive amounts of concentration and magic power. The process can take up to 2 hours to complete. This would be easy if the target allowed you to remove the spell, but immediately after the spell-breaking process begins, the cursed one will do anything to try and stop you. Well this isn't going to be easy.

I sighed, returning the book back to where it belonged. Heading back into the main hall, I noticed that Natsu had returned. Now was not the best time to cast the spell, I needed to do it where no one else could interfere or get hurt. I walked over to the request board to see if there were any simple and quick jobs that payed a lot. After all I needed to keep and eye on Natsu, but I also needed to pay my newly raised rent, or else I would have been kicked out of my house. Scanning the board for a job, I saw one that looked simple enough and payed 100,000 jewel. They needed someone to earn the trust of a dark guild and find out what they are up to. The only problem was that it could take quite some time to complete. Oh well I guess Natsu's going to have to wait. Just then I noticed team Natsu walk on over to me. " hey Yui, I see you got a job request, mind if we tag along?" Asked Gray kindly. this was perfect, it doesn't matter how long this job will take, because I can keep and eye on Natsu at the same time since he will be there. Yes! " Sure why not" I said plainly, " I'll just go tell Mira and we can go". After telling Mira about the job, she flashed a smile at me and said " sure, but your not going alone are you?" She asked slightly concerned. " no, I was originally but team Natsu have offered to go with me" I replied. "that's good" she said walking off to note it down in the taken jobs journel. With that done, I made my way back to Team Natsu and we headed out towards the train station. I wonder how things are going to play out with this new darkened side to Natsu on the team. I guess I'll have to wait and see.