Swapped places

I sat down at the table with my friends and chatted for a little while about nothing really. I noticed that Zeref kept looking my way with a worried face, eyes filled with wonder. I really wanted to know what was on his mind so I made up a ridiculous excuse to get out of there alone, "hey bro, do you mind if we go to the shop and get a few things for lunch, I wanna cook something" he looked over and nodded as we stood up and began to head out of the door.
As soon as we were out side, I turned to him and said,"okay what's going on, what do you know that I don't?" He sighed as he turned to face me,"okay, there's something I've been meaning to tell you, I just didn't know how you would react to it.", "well, spit it out, I'm sure it's nothing too big to worry about." I replied unknowing of what was to come. Zeref took in a deep breath and mumbled to himself,'here goes nothing',"okay...well...the thing is...well..hmm...it's about what happened while you were here, before I came with you about three months ago now,there were some sneaky little bandits that attacked the castle in attempt to hurt the dragons, during that attempt, they managed to sneak into the castle and they...they...they killed mom in her sleep, the guards then noticed and shot them dead, but there was no saving her, her wounds were too deep and she was loosing too much blood, she couldn't be saved." As soon as he finished that, I froze in my spot, that dream, it really was true,mom is dead....again...no....NO! Anger overtook my body and all I could see was red, I lost control...

Natsu's POV

I was having another fight with Gray for old times sake, when suddenly, BANG!!

Everyone's heads turned towards the doors of the guild. I looked down to Gray as he looked up at me from the floor, we both nodded and headed quickly towards the door to see what was going on. The sight was shocking. Zeref was on the floor in front of the door with a gash on his head, bleeding, while Luce was stood with her back facing us."Luce, what happened?" I asked her curious. Nothing. She didn't speak so I slowly approached her with my arm outstretched about to touch her shoulder when she screamed all of a sudden and fell to the floor in a crouching position, throwing out a large wave of magic energy, sending me flying toward the guild hall but I used my fire magic to slow me down to a safe speed.

"NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO! Not again! Never, no! Why? Ahhhhhhh!"
Lucy was screaming this to herself over and over again, expelling masses of magical energy leaving everyone paralysed and unable to help. She was in pain, so much pain, I could feel it in every wave of energy. I called out to her but it was as if she had forgotten of my existence, as if I was invisible to her. I needed to do something: and fast!

I slowly rose from the ground with the help from my flames to stabilise my stance and crept towards Lucy, with great difficulty. As I got closer and closer, I could feel the anger,sadness and depression coming off her in waves, effecting my body too. However, I pushed on advancing closer and closer. Once I was close enough to her, I reached out once more, but there was a force field standing in my way.

"C'mon Luce! Let me in, all I want to do is help! I want to share your pain, help you through this, it doesn't matter what it is, we can tackle this together!please Lucy let me help! LUCY!!"

I shouted in hopes that I would reach her, it didn't seem to have an effect and I was beginning to feel weak. Another idea popped into my head, as buildings were beginning to crumble under the pressure of Lucy's magical power. I used most of my remaining energy to blast through the force field, which surprisingly worked, and began to melt under my flames.

I walked inside the force field and took a hold of Lucy in attempt to get her to pay attention to me and realise that we are all here for her and she can lean on us without going on a rampage. I whispered in her ear "we're here for you, I'm here for you Lucy, I love you, with all my heart!".

The magic pressure, which I'm pretty sure had built up enough to be all over town by now, was slowly dying out, like a candle reaching the end of its wick. Ever so slowly, dying out, coming to a halt...

She raised her arms and drooped them lazily over my shoulders as her body weight relied more so on my strength,her body peacefully falling limp and into dreamland. But before her eyes closed fully, she mumbled one last thing into my ear,"I love you too Natsu"

I scooped her up safely into my arms as everyone began to stand up after the weight being lifted off of their shoulders."Gray, you take Zeref to the infirmary, I'll take Luce home, she needs some rest," I commanded before turning and heading towards Lucy's apartment.