Stefan I'm Sorry.

You sleepily reach your arm out for the phone and pick it up with your eyes half open. The wine has really gotten to you. "Stop calling me idiot." You go to hang up but then hear the voice.

"Y/N, please answer your phone."

Your eyes shoot open wide.

"E-Elijah?"

You hear Bonnie gasp and sit up in her spot. You quickly hop out of the bed and walk into the bathroom towards the light. 

You can't breathe. You actually can't breathe. Why is he calling? Why isn't he saying anything else? The line went silent. 

"I couldn't stop thinking about you." The instant speaking made you flinch. "It's been so long, I needed to hear your voice. Forgive me." He mumbles the last part. You don't know how to respond. You haven't talked since the first few days when you came back in Mystic Falls a year ago. "Y/N."

You internally yell at yourself. "What do you expect me to say?" You see the bathroom door peel open to reveal Bonnie. She mouths 'is it him' which you nod causing her to slap her hand over her mouth.

By the tone of his voice it sounds like he's been trying to sleep but couldn't. "I don't expect you to say anything Y/N. I... I miss you." You watch Bonnie sit on the counter intrigued in the convo whispering a 'bitch' towards Elijah.

"Thank you." You respond.

You hear a sigh come from the other end. You hope he wasn't expecting you to say that you miss him too because he wasn't getting it. You are in a relationship right now. If you would've said that you missed him back, he would think that you want to go back to him, which was part true, You enjoyed talking to him but now it would only have to be as friends.

"I heard you found your mother. I'm sorry for what happened to your father. And again, i'm sorry for my part in it all." You freeze. "Wait- how did you know that?" You ask.

He clears his throat. "Rebekah told me the news." You roll your eyes. That girl can never keep her mouth shut. 

"Interesting." You wanted to get off the phone right now. You didn't want to have a repeat of your conversation from last year. "Well look Elijah, I'm going to uh go back to sleep..." You trail off hoping he would agree.

"Before you leave, would you like to go out for coffee soon? We don't live close but I would drive out for you." This seemed like too much at one time. Even Bonnie was shaking her head so fast that you're sure she caused herself a headache. 

You sigh. "Elijah I'll think about it. Goodnight." You hang up with a huff escaping from you.

"What the hell? How does he think he can show up and act like nothing happened after all he put your family through?" Bonnie questions. 

You shrug your shoulders and rub your eyes, telling her that you are going to sleep, which she follows you to bed and soon drifts off. But you couldn't.

All you could think about was Elijah now. You thought all these feelings were gone and they were. But now hearing his voice and the empathy in it makes you miss what you had. You know you moved for a reason and you weren't gonna let that all go to waste, just because a phone call from an ex. Plus you have an amazing relationship you get to pursue with a lovely person.

***

"Stefan stop!" You squeal as he has you pinned down on the bed kissing down you neck. You giggle at how he held your body tighter. You try to push him off because it was starting to tickle. You hear him mumble 'stay still' but it came out muffled since his head was buried in your neck.