×12×

Georgie's mind had been constantly occupied by an itch. The itch being Louis. As much as she wished it weren't so, she couldn't seem to keep the man out of her thoughts, he had even entered her dreams.

Georgie's productivity began to decrease as these thoughts took a toll on her. She was messing up on simple tasks and struggling to keep up with her normal pace of work. It was beginning to disrupt the other servants' duties and they were starting to complain.

This had been going on for just over a week and was getting more and more worse by the day. The head maid of course took noticed and listened to all the complaints. She needed to pull the dazed girl back together.

The head maid had a soft spot for Georgie although she would never show it. Georgie had always treated her kindly and respectfully and never had a single complaint. She was always fully committed to doing her duties and even took on the extra duty of bringing the meals over to the horrible monstrous person staying in the east section. Something most of the others refused to do even if ordered directly by those higher than their stations.

The head maid was watching Georgie as she was supposedly dusting off the shelves in one of the many sitting rooms of the estate. The feather duster had been swishing around in the exact same spot for a couple of minutes now as Georgie stared straight ahead lost in another world.

"Miss Georgie." The head maid voiced out unable to watch this any longer.

Georgie was unresponsive. She had yet to pull out of her stupor and notice the head maid.

The head maid let out a long sigh and finally approached the distracted girl giving her a gentle tap on the shoulder. This did the trick.

"Oh... Ah Mrs Emma, my apologies I did not notice you come in." Georgie blushed in embarrassment.

"This is not like you dear."

"I'm just a little out of it today it seems." Georgie looked up.

"Not just today rather over a week now. Don't think I wouldn't notice." Emma chuckled.

"Well... Ah... You know..." Georgie stumbled over her words embarrassed of being caught.

"Well, whatever it is that is bothering you, I hope it's cleared soon. I can't have you working like this." Emma teased, "Now the reason why I came to you is I have another task for you to do."

"But I'm not done with-"

"Hush now. I will have one of the other girls finish up in here. I need you in the meantime to head out of the estate and collect these few items for me." She handed Georgie a list, "The fresh air will do you good and just be back before sunset." Emma winked and left before Georgie could protest.

When Georgie looked at the list in her hands, she couldn't help but bite her lip in agitation. There were only a few items, easy enough to carry herself, but the only problem was the location of where to retrieve said items. The main market district.

Immediately her mind was filled with Louis all over again.

Would he be at the bridge still waiting for her to show up?

He has probably given up.

Could she resist the urge to check?

Georgie was in a battle with her mind. She kept telling herself that she would not go near that bridge. She would not go seek out Louis.

Not only was he a pervert but he was definitely someone of a much higher rank compared to her. Even if she did go see him, which she kept telling herself that she would not, it would never work. She was a maid, and he was some noble Lord or what not.

Georgie sighed. She couldn't trust herself enough to resist the urge of going to see him if she were alone. She needed someone to go with her to stop her.

She couldn't ask one of the other maids to accompany her without the permission of Head Maid Emma and even if she did receive permission, it would lead towards too many questions that she wanted to definitely avoid.

Georgie's mind then immediately shot to Erica. She would be perfect. The more Georgie thought about this, the more reasons she found to support this.

Erica needed to get off the estate again, she seemed to greatly enjoy it the last time and she was not caught. It was not as if anyone was even looking for her.

Georgie wanted Erica to experience life outside these walls. She wanted Erica to see the world and all the things that had been wrongfully taken from her.

An added benefit was that Georgie got along really well with her and she knew that if she started acting weird around Erica, she would probably be more concerned with Georgie's emotional wellbeing than the situation which led up to it and calm the girl.

Georgie smiled at the thought. Erica was truly a kind person.

Maybe she was being selfish, but Georgie knew that at the end of the day it wouldn't just be her that would have benefitted from the situation but Erica too. It was a win-win for both sides.

The only problem Georgie faced now was not convincing Erica to accompany her but rather sneaking the girl off of the estate as unfortunately bribing Billy like she had done last time was off the options list as he was not on duty, it was also rather pricy, and the old man was uncomfortably unpredictable.

Georgie's mind was racing for new ideas when one suddenly hit her like a bucket of cold water. Georgie smiled at herself.

She made her way quickly out of the room and towards her required destination to pull off the plan. Her mind fixed on the idea and a mischievous smile dancing on her lips.

She needed to find a pair of small trousers.