×52×

"How do you know that name?" King Aleric's full attention was now on Georgie.

It was actually almost intimidating as he watched her face so carefully as if he were trying to gouge out answers from her very skin.

Georgie almost shivered but fortunately found her ground and said the words that needed to be said to the young and powerful King.

"Erica Alvore was my... Friend." Georgie broke eye contact. She was ashamed of herself.

"Alvore? Georgie, you did not tell me she was an Alvore!" Louis looked at her shocked.

"I thought it was obvious when I told you." Georgie looked at him weirdly.

This was true. Georgie had told him the story only once thinking he would connect the dots but apparently, he had not.

Louis looked away embarrassed. It was pretty obvious now that he thought about it but in his defence, when Georgie told him she was in tears, and he was in all honestly more focused on comforting her and calming her down than anything else.

"Where is Erica?" Aleric asked highly concerned and almost rageful.

He needed to know. He had not had a chance to meet with Walter since that night that the commander revealed Erica to be his neglected sister.

Aleric was desperate for answers.

"I... She's..." Georgie's eyes began to water.

"She is dead." Louis spoke for her wrapping his arms around her in support.

"No..." Aleric backed away in disbelief his expression begging Louis to deny these words.

"It's the truth." Georgie was now crying.

"No!" Aleric's eyes were widened as shock began to overcome him.

"Aleric." Louis tried to reach for him.

"No!" The King kept chanting.

"Aleric." Louis tried again but he battered his cousin away.

"When? How?!" He demanded his sight zoned on the tearful Georgie.

"I... She... Accident." Georgie cried.

Aleric momentarily stood completely still as he let this newfound information sink in.

"When?!" He practically seethed out through his teeth.

He was frighteningly close to completely losing his composure.

The atmosphere was beginning to darken, it was if a black cloud had entered the room, a raging tempest ready to cause havoc.

It was suffocating.

"Aleric, you need to calm down." Louis tried to sooth him.

He had never seen his cousin lose it like this before.

Aleric had always been an easy-going person; he was hardly ever one to lose his temper.

It took a lot to even get a rise out of him but seeing him now, Louis was beginning to get nervous.

King Aleric had a truly menacing aura.

"When?! " He ignored Louis and nearly spat out the word to Georgie.

"The day... The day Ki-King Alwin passed." She shook with tears now heavily falling.

Aleric slammed his fist against a table causing the hard wood to shatter.

Louis had instinctively grabbed Georgie in a protective embrace in an attempt to shelter her from anymore damage that Aleric may cause but surprisingly Aleric did the complete opposite.