×24×

When Walter finally awoke, it was in the early hours of the afternoon. He was unimpressed with himself for sleeping most of the day away.

He gave a stretch and let out a grunt before getting up and getting changed. He forced himself to finish off the last of the paper work to at least get some form of productivity done as to not let the entire day go to waste.

It was then when he noticed the note on his bedside table. Reading it's contents, he let out a sigh. Those buggers better not do anything stupid. He knew Aleric would have a clear mind and clear judgment when it came to things but Louis not so much.

Putting the note back down, he gave another sigh, ran his hand through his messy hair and left the room.

There was no one wandering about the corridors of the barracks as most were either out training or on duty. When Walter finally reached the office belonging to the barracks head, the vice head stopped his path.

"Commander, I will take those. Glad to see that they are finally done." The sharp featured man held out his hand for the documents Walter was holding, he was trying his hardest to keep a straight face.

Walter handed them over picking up on the man's reactions.

"What is it Mr Herald? Is there something on my face?" Walter voiced his confusion to the normally stoic man's reaction.

Herald could not hold it any longer. He let out a loud chuckle.

"I'm afraid there is Walter." The man patted him on the shoulder, "Best you go see it for yourself."

He walked off, Herald had been having an uneventful day and for a man like him it meant that it was boring. To see the well put Commander in such a state with ink all over his face was quite the scene. Walter always acted like he took life so seriously and always had a fierce look on his face when he was around the barracks, the only times he loosened up was around the Prince and the Duke Trencent's son and not many had seen him like that, Herald being one of them.

Herald gained a whole new level of respect and admiration for the next Duke of Trencent, Louis had proven to have balls of steel. He just hoped the kid would survive to see another day now that the Commander knew.

Walter was now concerned, what was on his face? He made his way to the nearest water source which just happened to be a small fountain outside. He looked down at his reflection. Oh how he was going to kill Louis.

Walter nearly scrubbed his face raw just to get the ink out which was proving to be quite the pain to remove. He was thankful that no one else had seen him like this. How embarrassing.

When he got back to his room, he made one last check in the mirror to make sure he had gotten everything and was relieved when he did not see any more ink. Walter would get back at Louis, who cares if he is the Duke's son? Walter would make the man squeal like the little girl he is!

Walter smiled evilly at the thought when suddenly he realised something. It had hit him like a bucket of ice cold water. How could he be so stupid? Of course he could not remember who the boy from two days ago was, he was looking at it all wrong. That was no boy but a girl and that girl was his half sister Erica.

Holy shit.

Walter felt awful, how could he have forgotten her face?! How many years had it been since he last saw her? Why did she look so afraid when she saw him?

The last memory he had of Erica was the day she had hurt Sibyl. Back then he thought her a villain. He always had this petty hate towards her, his sister always complained about her. She hated how much the Count doted on her, she used to lie about things Erica did to get attention.