SʜUᴛ ᴜP

Ensuing a halt of two long months, I hesitantly but willingly found the dauntlessness to face the society and return back to my normal life; my school

Ensuing a halt of two long months, I hesitantly but willingly found the dauntlessness to face the society and return back to my normal life; my school. However, I only realised it later that life cannot be easily turned to normal.

I grabbed my usual clothing and enswathed myself with the abaya. It was gifted to me by Yuhannis, on the grounds that my old abayas reminded me of the harsh memories that I want to dismiss from my mind.

Running downstairs, I found a teen staring at me, just the way lion stares his target. She turned her eyes towards the broom, busying herself in cleaning the console.

Ignoring her, I hurried to the kitchen as the aroma of paneer paratha traced through my nostrils, disabling my every sense. I became completely engrossed and hugged my mother from the back, inducing her to jerk off.

She gave me a death stare but then frowned her eyebrows. I glanced at the delicious cuisine placed on the table and eyed her back.

"Are you still angry at me?" I gave her a quizzical look.

"No but I have not forgotten yet. As you decided to return to school, I have made you breakfast. Afterall I don't want you to fell unconscious and let anyone make you impure again." Her words demolished all my excitement. Her reasons were so unreasonable.

I wish I could tell her that I wasn't impure. That he never made me impure.

Not to offend her anymore, I sat to dine while my father and Yuhannis could be seen marching downstairs. They both were completely engrossed in chit-chatting when suddenly their gazes turned towards me. A wide amount of smile treaded their countenance, giving them the best winter glow in the cold morning.

"Good Morning , my dil ka tukda." (Piece of my heart) My father sneered as he wrapped his left hand around my neck, hugging me from the side. I flipped through the corner of my eye at my mother, who snapped back a forced smile at me.

They both rooted for the chairs and we began to talk about my school. My father was assuring me the consequences I will have to encounter at the school.

"If any problem arises, don't hesitate to call me." I nodded happily.

"By the way, why did you hire a new maid suddenly. No offence but she is creeping me out." I began having my first bite, while completely whispering the last part in my father's ear.

"Oh the old one has some medical issues, regarding which she went to Delhi. By the time she will be back, Ananya will be handling the chores." He said chuckling. I found it strange that we got a maid on such a short notice.