116-120

116: Past events

Grandpa Chang looked at the person in front of him. He was well dressed. He seemed to be rich or expensive. He didn't know him and didn't have any impression. He nodded and replied, "My surname is Chang. Are you an honorable person?"

Xue Jingfu looked surprised, and then asked, "Is your son named Chang Wu?"

When Le Geer heard his father's name, he turned his head and looked at Xue Jingfu curiously. This old man is Xue Shaoye's companion, how could he know his father?

Grandpa Chang was surprised and said, "My oldest son is Chang Wu, how did you know?"

Xue Baishu also approached, and after washing his hands, he stood beside his father, listening curiously. Has his father met an acquaintance?

Upon hearing this, Xue Jingfu immediately shook Grandpa Chang's hand and said excitedly: "Brother, you may not remember, we saw it nine years ago."

Seen it nine years ago?

Grandpa Chang was dumbfounded and couldn't remember seeing this person at all.

"Father, do you know each other?" Xue Baishu asked. He didn't look at the old man's expression at all as if he knew his father. Don't it's his father who admitted the wrong person, right?

Xue Jingfu turned his head and said to his son, "Don't you remember? Nine years ago, when we came back to pay homage to our ancestors, when we returned, the ship was hit by a driftwood on the Qinghe River. A swift wave knocked us all into the water. Many people don't know how to swim. At that time, it was Uncle Chang Wu and Uncle Chang that saved us. This is Uncle Chang Wu's father, haven't you seen it? Why did you forget? Call Grandpa Chang."

When Xue Baishu heard it, he also remembered what happened nine years ago. If his father didn't say anything, he really didn't recognize Grandpa Chang, when he was still young. However, he bowed respectfully, and shouted, "Grandpa Chang."

Grandpa Chang didn't recognize them, but he knew what he said.

"You guys, were you on the boat at the time?" Grandpa Chang asked with a complicated expression.

Brother Le knew what was going on after hearing the words, his expression was a little sad and lonely, and his fingers grabbed the hem of his clothes unconsciously.

Xue Jingfu was a little excited when he saw the two of them, but now seeing the expressions of Grandpa Chang and Brother Le, he calmed down and nodded and said: "We were on the boat and the husband and wife of Changwu rescued us. Brother, no , Uncle, I'm sorry, I was a little excited when I saw you, and I didn't intend to remind you of sad things."

Grandpa Chang shook his head and said, "It doesn't matter, it's all over."

Xue Jingfu's expression was a little embarrassed for a while. Originally, I was very excited to see the benefactor's father, but now I am totally apologetic.

On Ching Ming Festival that year, he took Fu Lang and his youngest son back to his hometown to worship their ancestors. On the day of the return journey, the Qinghe River was a bit heavy, but they were still within the range of travel, so they boarded the boat.

Because it had been raining a few days ago, the current in the river was faster than usual, and some branches were floating in the river from time to time. The boat they were riding in was a bit dilapidated. When they were in the middle of the river, they were accidentally hit by a tree drifting upstream. Before the boatman had time to stabilize the boat, another swift wave hit them and took them all together. All lifted into the river.