Your Decision.

"What?" My heart drops and I feel numb. She's kidding, right? I grab my phone out of her hand and check.

   She's not kidding. Fuck. Shit. Fucking fuck.

   "Do I open it?" My head shoots up to look at Anna, who's trying not to laugh her ass off.

   "Duh. It's your biggest crush, Violet. Just open the DM." She plops down next to me on the couch and I stare at his name.

   Building up courage, I click on it.

      Hey. I seem to have forgotten something around your shoulders. Think I could get it back?

   Oh. He just wants his jacket back? Cool. Cool.

   My fingers hover over the keyboard. I need to seem calm, even though I'm about to pass out.

   "What do I say?" I hear Anna sigh and stretch her hand out. I place my phone in her hand and lean over as she replies.

      What if I wanted to keep it?

   I throw my face into my hands. He's not going to reply. Why would he?

   I feel my phone on my thigh and hear Anna's door close. I peek through my fingers and there's a reply.

      Then I'd have to convince you to give it back.

   I smile and respond.

      And how are you going to get that right?

   I head to my room and change into pj's while I wait for Jack to reply. Plopping down on my bed, I hear a ping.

      Guess you'll have to come to my show next week and find out.

   Is he...Inviting me to a show? A stupid grin forms on my face.

      What if I'm busy?

   Anna knocks on my door. "Come in!"

   She lays on her stomach next to me, watching my face, waiting to see my phone. She reads what I sent and smirks at me.

   "Oh shut up." I roll my eyes and she laughs.

   My phone pings and Anna reaches for it, but I move it away from her before she can think about it.

      Then I'll fetch it at your place. Oakland show next Tuesday, you won't need tickets. Your decision.

      Hope I see you there.

   My mouth is open and won't close. Anna takes the phone from my hand.

   "Well, shit, Mr. Harlow. Well, aren't you something?" She smirks at me and I feel frozen. He wants to see me again.

   "Do I reply?" I stare at my pillow, waiting for Anna to say something.

   "No," She says and I feel the smile in her voice. "Keep him guessing." She gets off my bed and leaves the room.

   I do as she said. Keep him guessing. Closing Instagram, I crawl under my blankets and fall asleep.

Monday, March 14th

7:20 a.m.

   The sun shines brightly through the blinds. I toss in my bed, hoping I don't need to be up for a few more hours.

   I hear Anna walking around outside my bedroom door. Please no.

   She bursts through the door. "Violet! Wake up!"

   "Ugh, go away." I pull the blankets over my head, praying she leaves.

   "You have work, get up." She pulls the blankets off me and I sigh.

   She walks out of the room and I sit up, stretching. I eat, take a shower, and get dressed in maroon dress pants and a black bralette. I pair it with some black New Balance 530s, a layered necklace, and a black belt. Jack's jacket hanging on my closet handle stares at me. Hmm. I grab it and head out.

   I shuffle my playlist and of course, a Jack song starts playing. Half of his discography is in the playlist after all. It's Sylvia and I sing along.

7:55 a.m.

   Pulling up to the record store I work at, there's a line outside. Taking a deep breath, I get out of my car, and open up the store.

   People come in all day long asking if their favorite artists have records out and I think about when Jack will release some. Because I'll get a discount on it.

   My thought is interrupted by my phone buzzing.

   A

      I saw how cute you looked when you left. Should I bring your camera to the store later and take some pictures?

   Her message makes me smile and I type back immediately.

      Sounds good, hope you'll be dressed up too.

   I place my phone in my pocket and look around the store, checking if anyone needs help.

   The store door catches my eye as a short-haired customer walks in.

   Is that...Clay?

At Sundown | Jack HarlowOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara