Keep It.

It couldn't possibly be Clay, right? Shit, he's walking up to me. Be cool, Violet.

   "Good afternoon, how can I help you today?" I stand straight up and look at him. It's Clay.

   "Hey, I was hoping to get an Ariana record or two." He leans over the counter, resting on his elbows.

   I nod. "I can help you there. Follow me, please." I walk out from the back of the counter and lead him to the A aisle. "Here we are. We have all of them except Yours Truly. That one tends to sell out fast." I smile at him.

   Clay drags his fingers across the record covers, left and right. He grabs the limited edition My Everything as well as Sweetener.

   "Good choices. Will that be all?" I mess with my fingers and wait for a response.

   He looks down at the records in his hands. "Hm. Any Tyler The Creator, and Doja Cat?"

   I nod and walk over to the D aisle, stopping in front of Doja's records. He looks at them for a couple of seconds then picks up Hot Pink and Planet Her (Deluxe). I grin. Man has good taste. We walk over to the T aisle and stop next to Tyler's records. Clay grabs Flower Boy and turns to me.

   "Now I need a record player."

   I stand, frozen and confused. What? He doesn't have one? I hold back a laugh.

   "Of course, they're in the front of the store, follow me please." I walk him over to all the players. He walks up to all of them and stops at the black Rega P8 Ania Turntable.

   "I think this one looks good, what do you think?" He looks up at me and then back at the player.

   I step closer to him. "It's one of our most popular. There's only one left in stock actually." He nods, looking at it a little longer.

   "Good enough for me. I'll take it." He walks over to the counter.

   I tell him I'll be right back and head to the storeroom to grab his record player. When I get back, he's talking to a tall, dark-skinned man with short hair. Ace.

   I walk up to them, scan the player, and put it in a bag. "Could I get those please?" I ask Clay, looking at the records. He nods and hands them to me. I scan them and put them in a separate bag from the first one.

   "Where's the next show?" Clay asks Ace and I avoid looking up at them.

   "The next out of San Franciso is next Tuesday, Oakland," Ace replies, and I feel his eyes on me. Do they know I met Jack?

   I move the bags over to Clay's side of the counter. "Okay, your total-"

   Ace cuts me off. "Hold on, did you get Miguel's album for me?" He looks over at Clay.

   "Shit, I forgot." He looks at me and I giggle.

   "I can get it for you. Which one?" I look over at Ace.

   "War & Leisure." He grins and I nod before walking off to get it.

   Walking back towards them, I see Clay with a stack of money on the counter. Well, okay. I scan the last record and add it to the rest of the bag.

   "Okay, gentlemen. Your total is," I type the last price into the computer. "$3,445." Ace looks at the computer screen as Clay counts his money.

   "One, two, three," Clay counts out loud. "Here, $4,000." He places the money on my side of the counter.

   "Uhm, you gave me too much money." I count the amount to give back to him but he stops me.

   "Keep it. You've been quite helpful today." Clay grins and says his goodbyes as I hand him his slip.

   I place the extra money in my bag and the day continues as normal.

2:14 p.m.

   The store quiets down around 2-3 p.m. so I have some time to myself. I usually play some music on the sound system, restock and reorganize records, or order some lunch.

   Anna arrives with my camera and we find a spot to set up.

   "What if you stand in front of Logic's records? Isn't he one of your favorites?" Anna moves towards the aisle, I grab Jack's jacket and follow behind her. Sometimes I think she knows this place better than I do.

   She takes pictures of me and I take a few of her. She looks stunning in her dark grey flower print cami top, orange jeans, and grey Nikes.

2:54 p.m.

   As we're looking through the pictures, customers walk in.

   "I'll look at them at home. Can you-" Anna cuts me off, knowing what I'm going to ask.

   "Move them onto your laptop. I got you." She kisses my cheek and disappears out the door.

3:30 p.m.

   I get home and change into my oversized Industry Babies merch t-shirt. Scrolling through the pictures we took, I chose a few to post.

   "Anna! Come approve my post!" I shout out and Anna comes racing towards me. She bursts through the door and jumps onto the bed next to me. Looking over at my laptop and scrolling through my chosen pictures.

   A smile forms on her face and she nods aggressively. I giggle, and post them, tossing my phone to the side.

4:32 p.m.

   My phone pings. I put the book I was reading down and grab my phone. It's a DM, from Jack.

      I must admit, you do look great in my jacket.