I Got This.

I step back and he peers down at me, smirking. I consider running away, maybe he won't remember me. I smile at him, and before I can say anything, he steps forward.

   "Hey, you're the girl from the record store, right?"

   "Uh, yeah." I stammer, trying not to look freaked out. 

   He steps closer, almost filling the gap between us. "Did you want something?" He looks me up and down, his gaze lingering on my lips before finding its way back up to my eyes.

   "I, uh, I just thought you looked familiar and wanted to see I knew you," I fiddle with my fingers. "And I guess I kinda do." I peer up at him through my lashes. His eyes are on me while he sips his drink. I open my mouth to say something but a song starts playing and I recognize it instantly. Warsaw.

   I spin around and see the girls in the middle of the club dancing and calling me over. I look for Lukas and spot him with a guy in the corner of the room, I smile and turn back to Clay.

   "I'm sorry, I love this song and my girls want me to dance with them." As I turn around, Clay grabs my arm, spinning me back to him.

   "What's your name, record girl?" He smirks, watching my eyes.

   I smile back at him. "Violet,"

   He lets go of my arm and I walk back over to the girls, who are twerking and have the whole club watching them. I jump into the circle and join them, shouting along to every word. I feel Clay's gaze on me, but don't look his way. Can't have him like me.

   Warsaw ends and we grab some drinks, peeking over to where Lukas was. He's not there anymore and I don't see his "friend" anywhere either. Get it, Lukas.

9:36p.m.

   My phone buzzes in my bag and I take it out. Message from Lukas.

   Hey bby, I'm leaving the club with a very handsome man, I'll visit you tomorrow, you and the girls have fun!

   I smile and tell the girls. You Right by Doja Cat and The Weekend starts playing. Looking around, I see Yasmin dancing in the middle of a few guys, Jade vibing out with a drink in hand, and Anna chatting some guy up.

   My eyes are on Anna. My best friend. Her hips swaying to the music, her face light up, and the stupidest smile on her face.

   I walk over to the bar, scanning the club for anyone I could talk to, but I'm joined by Clay sitting down next to me.

   He stares at me, waiting for me to acknowledge him. I sigh sarcastically, turning to face him.

   He grins deviously. "I thought you could use some company." He calls the bartender over and orders an old-fashioned, then turns to me, waiting for me to order something.

   I smile at the bartender. "A margarita, thanks." Clay nods, approving of my choice.

   We chit-chat for what feels like hours, but Anna tugging on my arm asking to go home makes me check the time, 10:07 p.m. Oh.

   Anna seems drunk, almost blackout drunk and I know she's done too many shots. I look over at Clay who's laughing at Anna slurring her words and falling all over me. I can't help but laugh with him as Anna tries to stand up and tips backward into someone, Ace. He holds her steady and greets me.

   "I need to get her home, I'm sorry," I say to Clay and take my wallet out of my bag. He stops me.

   "I got this. We'll help you get your friend outside and into an Uber." Clay says, pulling some money out of his pocket and throwing it onto the bar. He gets up and tosses Anna's left arm over his shoulder. Ace does the same with her right and we move towards the exit.

   I book an Uber and we all stand outside waiting, Ace and Clay still holding Anna up.

   The Uber arrives and they put Anna in.

   "Thank you guys so much," I smile at them. "I'll see you soon," I say before spinning around and hopping in the car. I look out the window and they're staring at each other confused. I smile to myself and pull Anna onto my shoulder as we drive away.