I Hope It's Nothing Illegal?

I decide to stop leaving him on read. It just seems...mean.

      Yeah, I'll see you next week and I'll think about bringing the jacket. I smirk down at my phone as I see him typing.

      The deal doesn't work if you don't bring the jacket, Walker.

   My last name lingers on my tongue as I picture him grinning at his phone thinking he did something there.

      I have other ways of getting into the show ;)

      I hope it's nothing illegal?

   I laugh out loud and decide to send a little video. I grab the jacket and toss it over my shoulders. I open the in-app camera and record.

   "I would never do anything illegal. Especially not for you, Harlow." I add a little smile and press send. I toss my phone to the side and head to the kitchen to cook something for dinner.

Friday, March 18th

   The rest of the week was normal and dull. No messages from Jay, my mom is still in town but isn't at the apartment much. She's part of a team trying to set up another theatre in San Francisco, so she's at meetings and checking out lots all day. Anna has been busy with Uni assignments and studying for exams.

   The store has been busy daily from 11 am to 3 pm. Records are trending these days. I haven't heard from Jack since Tuesday, but Lukas, the girls, Anna, and I are going out tonight. Lukas has insisted he comes by to pick an outfit for me because I 'need to look better than everyone else at the club'.

5:36 p.m.

   Anna and I are on the couch watching Are You The One? when someone knocks on the door frantically. Lukas. Anna hops off the couch and opens the door to find a bent-over, out of breath, Lukas.

   "Woah. Did you run a marathon or something?" Anna laughs, helping him with the dress bag in his hand. He holds up his finger, telling us to wait. Anna and I exchange looks and resist the urge to laugh.

   After a couple of seconds, he stands up and hugs Anna, then me.

   "Girls! I'm so excited for tonight. Let's get lit!!" He pulls Anna and me into a huddle. I peek over his shoulder at the dress bag now on the couch. I think it's his outfit but he points out that he's already dressed.

   Looking down, he's in a grey cropped t-shirt and Kelly green cotton shorts. He also has a black baseball cap and a pair of black Nikes. He'll be the most underdressed but can still command all the attention in the room.

   "Okay, I'll stop keeping y'all guessing. I brought you two outfits!" Lukas exclaims and I giggle. I should've known. He likes dressing us up and making us feel hotter than the sun.

   He unzips the bag, pulling out a black, latex, mini skirt, and light blue lace bodysuit. The bodysuit has a built-in bra and opens back. He hands it to Anna and she almost jumps on him.

   "I love it, Lukas!!" She says, rushing into her room to change. I turn back to Lukas, who's pulling out my outfit. It's a lavender, loose fabric, knee-length, dress with white heels.

   I hold it up, then look over at Lukas. His face is glowing. He loves surprising us.

   "I love it, L" I hug him and kiss his cheek before heading to my room, changing, and doing my hair into a half-up, half-down hairstyle, and lay my edges.

6:38 p.m.

   Anna, Lukas, and I are outside the club. I turn to see Yasmin and Jade approaching us. Yasmin is wearing a black fabric dress. Her left thigh is completely exposed and the dress makes an almost criss-cross pattern, exposing her skin from the middle of her breasts down to her thigh. She's paired it with black laced heels, a few silver rings, and a black handbag.

   Jade is wearing high-waisted, dark blue, jeans with a black, lace, v-line, tank top. She also has a red, throw-over, top, and nude strap heels.

   Everybody exchanges hugs and we head inside. Anna grabs drinks for everyone. When she's back she says, "Can you believe our girl caught Jack's eye?" She nudges me on the shoulder as Yasmin and Jade stare at me. I rub the back of my neck.

   "I'll tell you guys later. Let's just have fun!" I take a sip of my drink and the others follow after me.

   The lights are flashing around us and I've probably had three drinks so far. I and others are out on the dance floor, but something catches my eye at the back of the room. I squint trying to figure out who it is, but I can't make it out. I move towards them, feeling someone grab my arm.

   I look back and it's Anna. "You okay?"

   I nod and tell her I'll be right back. I walk closer to them and tap on their shoulder. They say something to their friend and turn around. It's Clay.