first love

– Take care of it. – Zhou Keyu handed the horse's reins to the groom and left the stable, heading towards the palace.

He and Patrick recently returned from a horseback ride. It was their shared secret, so right now Young Prince needs to stay out of the sight of Elder brother. Because it was the Elder brother who was the one who forbade them these walks. Keyu isn't afraid of him, but he doesn't intend to listen to his lecture either, so it would be better to keep these dates a secret.

But Zhou Keyu was unlucky, because Elder brother was already waiting for him at the door, waiting for Keyu to come up to him. His angry face and tense posture betrayed his mood, and Young Prince realized that a quarrel couldn't be avoided again today.

– Where have you been?

Zhou Keyu rolled his eyes at the stern voice of Elder brother. God, will he ever leave him alone? Keyu is the same Prince as his brothers, he has exactly the same rights and responsibilities. Then why does everyone around him act as if he is a five-year-old child who doesn't know how to live?

– Walked. – Zhou Keyu answered, intending to walk past his brother, but he grabbed his elbow, forcing him to stop. – What? Are you interrogating? Can't I go for a walk anymore?

– You missed the meeting. Father wanted to see you. – Elder brother said. – And I remember that I forbade you to walk with that rootless boy.

– I walked alone. – Zhou Keyu lied and mentally praised himself for asking Patrick to be the first to leave the stable. He really didn't want Yin Haoyu to fall under the scolding of his Elder brother.

– You are lying.

– No. – Keyu shook his head. – You never trusted me. – he freed his hand from his brother's tenacious fingers. – I have to go, maybe see you later.

He left, leaving his angry brother in the hallway. But how did he even get here? Is he following Keyu? In that case, he and Patrick need to be careful.

As soon as Zhou Keyu turned the corner, he saw Patrick.

– My Prince! – Patrick hurried to him at once, anxiety on his face.

– Patrick, what the hell?! – Keyu swore in a whisper.

He grabbed Yin Haoyu's hand and hurried to take him to his bedchamber, until Elder brother noticed them. On the way, they didn't come across a single servant, and this is a big plus, because now Zhou Keyu knows how quickly rumors spread around the palace. It was only when the door closed behind them that Prince allowed himself to breathe a sigh of relief. Oh, this silly boy has any idea what danger he is putting himself in?

– What did you do there? – Zhou Keyu asked Patrick, looking at him sternly. – Didn't I tell you to wait for me here?

– I heard that your brother is scolding you. – Patrick was still looking at him with anxiety. – I wanted to help.

– Patrick, no! – Keyu objected. – Never interfere in my quarrels with my brother, do you understand me?

– I... Are you mad at me? – he asked guiltily, bowing his head low. Keyu's heart sank when he saw his boy so sad.

– No, PaiPai. – Young Prince's voice softened as he took Patrick's face by the chin and kissed his forehead soothingly. – I'm not mad at you, just worried. I don't want him to hurt you, you know?

He stroked Patrick's cheek, this habit is so hard to get rid of (and he doesn't want to).

– Let's be honest, baobei, you can't do anything to him, but I can. I will protect us as long as necessary, but you must promise me that you'll never interfere in my quarrels with my brother.