Sukuna's Departure

After Yuji was born, Sukuna struggled on the decision he had made time ago. He wanted to stay by the side of his family so much, to see Choso and Yuji grown into fine men. However, deep down he knew that--that wasn't possible. For the sake of his family, he couldn't go back on his word.

He stayed longer than planned by the side of his family, enjoying every second for the past few months. And at the same time, he planned everything for the day his departure will arrive. Just like he told to Satoru, he was planning to leave his family in order to protect them from the six races.

The words of Satoru had convinced Sukuna of telling his family about his departure. That's why before he left, in order to not have any regrets later, he decided to discuss his decision with his husband.

Yuya was already aware since time ago about the decision of Sukuna, since they already discussed about his departure when Choso was still a baby. But the only thing Sukuna provoked was for Yuya to get upset at him, to the point that he will get mad every time his husband mentioned about leaving.

Since then, Yuya had been against it and even refused to hear once again those words coming from Sukuna's lips. That's why he once planned to leave without telling anyone. He always believed that Yuya would stop him from leaving his family like it happened before, but in this occasion that never happen.

Instead, Yuya didn't oppose him about his decision as he wished good luck to him, not saying anything else. This took Sukuna by surprise, not really understanding why Yuya did not try to do anything to stop him from leaving. Maybe if Yuya would have said something to Sukuna, just maybe, he would have changed his mind and stayed by their side.

Yuya did not know where Sukuna was planning to go, nor did he know what he was planning to do. It sadden him just knowing he was unable to do something for Sukuna, it broke him not being able to spend a everlasting life with the only man he ever loved. In reality he wanted to stop him, but he couldn't be selfish this time, not after knowing that Sukuna will soon lose his human self.

The only thing Yuya could do now was cherish all the years he shared with his husband, keeping all the memories of him locked inside his mind to never be forgotten. He looked at Sukuna with sad eyes as both of them shared their last kiss; their last vow of eternal love.

The kid he once met was now all gone from his memories, there almost wasn't any trace left of what Sukuna used to be. This hurt Yuya even more, and that's why he stopped himself from stopping his husband. From all the hardships and pain they had been together, it was time to bid farewell.

Sukuna embraced for the last time his husband, staying like that for several minutes. "I promise that I will never forget your love, Yuya. As long as I'm alive, I will love you until my last day. I'm grateful that you chose me to be your husband after all that happened between us. Sometimes I still can't believe that you accepted to stay with a man like me. I never deserved your love in the first place, not after all the pain I caused you."

"Keep talking like that and I will get mad, Sukuna," Yuya warned, bothered that his husband always mentioned the bad things instead of the happy days they shared together. "I don't want to hear from the man that saved me those kinds of words, or I will start to regret falling in love with you."

"I'm sorry, Yuya," Sukuna quickly apologized, his voice turning sad. "It will tear me apart if someday you regret our love."

"Then, don't talk like that ever again," Yuya said, not caring to hide the anger in his voice. "You were the one that showed me that it was to soon to give up on life. Even when I lost everything because of the black angel, you were the one that gave me enough courage that I needed to keep on fighting. For you, I decided to continue on living. If it wasn't for you, then I..." He stopped himself from speaking further, knowing that speaking about those sad memories will only bring sadness to both of them.